Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: If you own Kuznetsov, are you concerned?

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    you mean like total pts scored ever? lol
    Actually, I think the kid comes over for 2014-15 but then returns to the KHL by 2017-18.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Actually, I think the kid comes over for 2014-15 but then returns to the KHL by 2017-18.
    so yeah that makes sense...he gets 3 years in NA, scores something like 20, 35, 44 and then decides to Radulov his way back to the motherland

Dobber Sports Sage

Kuznetsov Will score 100pts. That will be the best line in the league.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Kuznetsov Will score 100pts. That will be the best line in the league.
    I feel as if I've entered the twilight zone here!!! We now have two people predicting 100 points for a guy who hasn't played ONE NHL game, did not truly dominate his own B-rate league, wasn't drafted in the top 3 pick of the NHL draft and might not ever come to the NHL.

If this is a thread about making incredibly unsubstantiated predictions I'm going with:

Morin gets 40 goals this year
    Kristo is the leading scorer in NY
    Bowman rips 70 points in Carolina
    Raanta is the best starter in the NHL

Dobber Sports Expert

Kuznetsov Will score 100pts.
    In which league and in how many games?

Dobber Sports Sage

There is a reason he is ranked in the top 10 prospect in the world by every respected prospect source and would be ranked top 3 by all of them if not for the KHL risk. He is the best prospect in the world outside of the NHL other then Mackinnon and maybe Mcdavid, Brazel and Day. On a line with Backstrome and Ovechkin it would be insane. Don't understand how anyone could not read anything about this player and feel the same way. I have very rarely read anything about his game that was not gushing and from the times I have seen him play he was absolutely dominate amongst his peers. Great, Great prospect. Only question is if he desires to come here or not. If he comes he will succeed.

If Mackinnon, Brazel or Mcdavid were going to step in and play on a line with those guys I would expect close to a 100pts as well.

If he was Canadian he would have been drafted top 3 100percent

And for the record I'm concerned with him playing over here as well but if he does come over he will be among the top scorers fairly quick I think.
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; July 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

The Great One

As an expansion team, I draft Kuznetsov with a 4th round pick last year. I don't mind sitting on his for a few years to see how it all plays out, given I'll be a bottom feeder anyways.

Based on the reports, it sounds like his target date is after the KHL season this year. So we might get a glimpse of him in the playoffs.

I don't think he's worth owning unless you have spots to hold prospects, or your team sucks as much as mine does

Dobber Sports Expert

If Mackinnon, Brazel or Mcdavid were going to step in and play on a line with those guys I would expect close to a 100pts as well.
    Even Backstrom and Ovechkin couldn´t score 100 points playing with Ovechkin and Backstrom in their last 2 fulls seasons, so that´s why you prediction is a bit over the top.

Banned

There is a reason he is ranked in the top 10 prospect in the world by every respected prospect source and would be ranked top 3 by all of them if not for the KHL risk. He is the best prospect in the world outside of the NHL other then Mackinnon and maybe Mcdavid, Brazel and Day. On a line with Backstrome and Ovechkin it would be insane. Don't understand how anyone could not read anything about this player and feel the same way. I have very rarely read anything about his game that was not gushing and from the times I have seen him play he was absolutely dominate amongst his peers. Great, Great prospect. Only question is if he desires to come here or not. If he comes he will succeed.

If he was Canadian he would have been drafted top 3 100percent

And for the record I'm concerned with him playing over here as well but if he does come over he will be among the top scorers fairly quick I think.
    You could be the Top raked player by everyone and it still doesn't mean you will score 100 points in the NHL.

Not. A. Chance.

The Great One

The topic is would you be concerned if you owned Kuznetsov. At this point, why would you be concerned? His value hit rock bottom when he signed his KHL deal months ago. Sit on him for another year and watch his value grow again. I think he corsses the pond when the KHL season is over and he gets a few games in Washington.

Dobber Sports Guru

Evgeni Kuznetsov told Sovsport.ru he takes Kovalchuk as an example: 'I think i'll return to Russia from NHL when i'm 30' #Caps
    https://twitter.com/IgorEronko/statu...52425642110978
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

The Great One

That twitter feed also includes:

"full quote wouldn't change anything, he meant exactly this but the tone is more like 'probably' or 'possibly'"; and

"he will join Caps either in March or next fall, depends on how far Traktor would get in Gagarin Cup"

As I said before, if you have a farm team or prospect spots, he's worth holding for another year.