Thread: Holtby vs. Neuvirth vs. Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Holtby vs. Neuvirth vs. Bobrovsky

Which one would you take in a head to head league where the stats are GS, W, L, Goals Against, GAA, SV%, Saves, Minutes Played, Shutout?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by seanavery View Post
    Which one would you take in a head to head league where the stats are GS, W, L, Goals Against, GAA, SV%, Saves, Minutes Played, Shutout?
    I'd handcuff both Holtby and Neuvirth. Would not consider Bob

Dobber Sports Padawan

Another team has Holtby. I was thinking about grabbing Neuvirth. My goalies are currently Quick and Pavelec but running with 3 goalies with those stats should really help me. Chances Neuvirth plays more then Holtby?

Dobber Sports Stud

I go with Holtby if that's an option.

Who do you guys think is WSH starter? Holtby or Neuvirth? Has to be Holtby after the playoffs?
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think most goalie timeshares are risky as hell. Wins are gonna be so much more important than a regular season. Teams can't afford to let their goalie work out of a cold streak. STL, WSH, OTT, EDM, FLA, and TB all hvae very risky goalie situations and its a toss up as to who will start more games since they don't have a clear number 1 (add in VAN if Luongo doesn't get traded I just think he will).

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Yonald View Post

Who do you guys think is WSH starter? Holtby or Neuvirth? Has to be Holtby after the playoffs?
    Not necessarily. Goalies get hot in the playoffs all the time. Holtby still only played 6 games outside of the playoffs. Look at the Halak situation (only one that comes to mind right now, but I know there are others). It's hard to bank on a hot streak from a goalie in the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Yonald View Post

I think they will fight it out and Holtby will win.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Stud

Holtby is the best option for me, I think he's the best goalie of the group, and it's pretty obvious to think that the Capitals will be a better team than the Blue Jackets. Holtby will obviously be battling for starts with his teammate Neuvirth, but I feel like Holtby is better and thus will take the majority of the starts. While Bobrovsky might get more starts than either one of the Capitals goalies, I don't like him as much as Holtby, as I'm not very comfortable with the team in front of him, talent wise I wouldn't put him above Holtby either.

For me Holtby is the best choice of the group. Number two could go either way, I think Neuvirth is safer than Bobrovsky, but I'd rather go for a homerun swing and take Bob over Neuvirth, as this is a small risk with the reward being greater than the risk.