Thread: Hemsky, Erat, Atkinson, Silfverberg, Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Hemsky, Erat, Atkinson, Silfverberg, Tarasenko

Hi guys, need some help on the RW. I've got a pretty weak RW (see below)... so I'm going to have to be on the ball on the hot starts.

How would you guys rank these 5 guys this season for G, A, PPP, SOG???
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    Hi guys, need some help on the RW. I've got a pretty weak RW (see below)... so I'm going to have to be on the ball on the hot starts.

How would you guys rank these 5 guys this season for G, A, PPP, SOG???
    I swear I've seen these five in a ranking before...

Atkinson
    Silfverberg
    Tarasenko
    Erat
    Hemsky
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Stud

1. Tarasenko - I have big expectations for him, and I love his potential. I think he's ready to contribute in a big way as soon as this season. Could quickly find himself as the go to guy for the Blues.

2. Atkinson - Is going to get every oppertunity to prove his worth in Columbus. Has the shot to be the Jackets go to guy for the season. Really like his potential. Proved a nice amount last season and in the AHL during the lock out.

3. Erat - Not going to get anything spectacular out of Erat, but he's always a safe bet for solid point totals. This isn't a keeper, and I really like his reliability, should be the safest option of the group.

4. Silfverberg - Has a great oppertunity to produce this season, could have one heck of a season lining up next to Spezza. Feel like his potential for this season is a little less than either one of Tarasenko and Atkinson, and thus I like Erat's reliability over him as well.

5. Hemsky - Great player when healthy, and because of that carries the greatest risk. Even when healthy won't be looked to as the go to guy, and won't see the prime PP minutes. Playing in every game he could be the best of the bunch, but I figure he will miss a few, and even if he doesn't there is still a shot that all the guys above him still out point him.

Dobber Sports Pro

My ranking would be:

Tarasenko
    Erat
    Hemsky
    Silfverberg
    Atkinson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Tarasenko - Stud. Best of the group, will likely post 0.75 pts per game or higher
    Silfverberg - Excellent opportunity out of the gate starting on line 1 with Spez. 0.6 pts per game or higher
    Hemsky - Good supporting cast and will likely get moved up and down line 1 and 2 while the kids get adjusted. 0.5 pts per game or higher if healthy.
    Atkinson - Will be given a solid chance on a lackluster team. I think he will find it hard to adjust to NHL speed and intensity. 0.4 pts per game. 0.6 pts per game at best.
    Erat - Plays for Nashville. Has never proved to be more than a top 6 type of guy. 0.5 pts per game at best.
    Last edited by StrongArms; January 10, 2013 at 12:01 PM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If you are looking for a keeper then Tarasenko - if you just want production this year then I would roll the dice with Hemsky.

Dobber Sports Guru

I'd say the safest bet of the bunch for production is Erat you can set your watch to his 50ish pt production. Having said that in a keeper I'd be inclined to roll the dice with Tarasenko or Silfverberg, Silfverberg looks to have the better starting situation (so I'd perhaps side with him if immediate production is important) but Tarasenko could well end up being the best player.

Dobber Sports Stud

Mostly production. If Tarasenko produces well I wouldn't be able to keep him as a prospect, but if I sell the boat to trade for Malkin (his contract is up in our league) then based on these responses I will definitely be looking to snag up Tarasenko as keeper replacement.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by StrongArms View Post
    Tarasenko - Stud. Best of the group, will likely post 0.75 pts per game or higher
    Silfverberg - Excellent opportunity out of the gate starting on line 1 with Spez. 0.6 pts per game or higher
    Hemsky - Good supporting cast and will likely get moved up and down line 1 and 2 while the kids get adjusted. 0.5 pts per game or higher if healthy.
    Atkinson - Will be given a solid chance on a lackluster team. I think he will find it hard to adjust to NHL speed and intensity. 0.4 pts per game. 0.6 pts per game at best.
    Erat - Plays for Nashville. Has never proved to be more than a top 6 type of guy. 0.5 pts per game at best.
    Erat got 0.82 points per game last year. If you just count what he got after he was paired up with Fisher and Kostitsyn it was even higher. He will start the season with those two.

So for this season I'd rank them

Erat (nuff said)
    Hemsky (Gagner in a contract year and Yakupov as linemates)

Tarasenko (Steen and McDonald as linemates, both solid if they can stay healthy and even if they can't Tarasenko is crazy talented)
    Silfverberg (will start with Spezza and has a sick shot)
    Atkinson (should do pretty well, not far behind Tarasenko and Silfverberg)
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Erat has been in the league for 10 years and has never put up more than 58 points.

He has never played a full 82 game season and in the last 4, the most games played came three seasons ago with 74.

Nashville's offense is always stagnant. If you are happy with a guy who, if he stays healthy and plays his absolute best, is hoping for 50-60 pts, then by all means take Erat.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by StrongArms View Post
    Erat has been in the league for 10 years and has never put up more than 58 points.

He has never played a full 82 game season and in the last 4, the most games played came three seasons ago with 74.

Nashville's offense is always stagnant. If you are happy with a guy who, if he stays healthy and plays his absolute best, is hoping for 50-60 pts, then by all means take Erat.
    The question is this year. Not three years from now. If a full season was played, I don't think any of the young guys would top 60 THIS YEAR. Erat would be the most likely. If we're talking 13/14 then it's a completely different question, but the OP asked about ranking them for this year. Since 08/09 exactly one rookie has topped 60 points and that's Jeff Skinner with 63. We're talking Tavares, Duchene, Landeskog, Ryan, etc. None of them topped 60.

Banking on rookies in a one-year league is an easy way to end up in the bottom of the league.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Sorry, I should have clarified that i meant 50-60 pts over an 82 game season.

The OP does say this year, but it also says PPP and SOG.

He averages about 15 PPP per year over 82 and has shot less than the previous year two years in a row. His 107 shots placed him at 285th in the league. His shooting% was higher than it ever has been by a decent margin, so it's safe to say it will drop back down to his career avg.

The rookies could very well score as many points as Erat does. I might be wrong, but i know for sure you won't find Tarasenko or Silfverberg lower than 285th in shots at the end of the season.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I meant over an 82 game season too, extrapolated.

If we're talking PPP the rookies will be even more hard pressed to beat Erat who is a mainstay on Nashville's PP. The shots is the ONLY category where he would be beaten but them possibly being better in one category does not outweigh being worse producers in the other categories, which they in all likelihood will be.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

These aren't just 18 year old avg rookies. They are both 20+ with NHL strength and size. They have both excelled playing against men in their respective european leagues, both being point per game or better. They will both see at minimum PP2 time, if not PP1.

It's really not hard to believe they could out point Erat.