Thread: Ovechkin for Schneider...?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Ovechkin for Schneider...?

Hi Guys,
    I know I'm new here (brand new) just looking for some helpful, friendly advice and I'm looking forward to contributing the same.

So my team is very G weak, I'm pretty strong up front and my league just expanded by 2 teams to 14 making goalies even harder to come by.

I'm in a Yahoo H2H keeper league. Stats are - Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Goals (PPG), Powerplay Assists (PPA), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
    Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%)

My existing team...
    C - Giroux, Backes, J. Carter, Hanzal
    LW - Ovi, Kane, Cammalleri
    RW - Voracek, Horton, Oshie
    D - Weber, Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Voynov, Quincey
    G - Holtby, Varlamov, Garon

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks guys!

Dobber Sports Padawan

if the trade is Ovy for Schneider straight up, I can't believe you'd even consider it. To trade Ovechkin, you should be getting a much richer package. He has the potential to be a top 10 player in almost every single skater category.

the core of your team is excellent with Giroux, Backes, Ovi, Kane, Carter, Voracek, Weber, Piet, and OEL set to put up impressive stat lines.

Varlamov had a great half season in the KHL to add to his solid 2nd half of last NHL season. look for his numbers to improve.

If you're really looking to improve your tenders, I'd package Holtby with a guy like Cammalleri/Horton/Oshie and see what you can get.
    Last edited by Bnhershy; January 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM.
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

Dobber Sports Wizard

no absolutely not

if ovechkin is going out lundqvist quick or rinne should be coming back

you dont trade one of the top forwards for a goalie who hasnt even become a starter yet

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Monster

Hey welcome to the boards.

No, your not as weak in goal as you may think. You could upgrade yes, but moving Ovi in a deal for Schneider I would absolutely NOT do.

Take a peek around your league see what's available, but I would not be making the deal you mention.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

My initial reaction is that you have 9 forward scoring categories and only 4 goalie scoring categories, so although goalies are scarce, they are actually less valuable than forwards who can contribute across multiple categories...

And on that note, Ovechkin is an absolute beast in Hits, SOG, and is a lock on the powerplay for quite a few PPG and PPA. Even though he hit some new lows last year, he still scored 38 goals, and I believe he is always a candidate for point a game, if not 90+ despite that he's apparently not what he once was as a fantasy player.

Schneider is unproven and while he's on a good team, he may actually split starts with Luongo - until any news breaks on this, that would be my assumption. I would pay a lot less for Schneider, or seek a top goalie for Ovie in a pool like this.

It might also be helpful to know how many goalies you will start each week. Since Holtby, Varlamov and Garon may all very well be starters for their own teams (depending on Neuvirth and Lindback performance), you may be able to cobble together some pretty good weeks with the 'tenders that you have. Just my two cents.
    10-Team, Custom Keeper. In this league GMs sign their own contracts at an auction for a specified price and term up to 4 years.

G(3) A(2.5) +/- (0.5) SOG(0.1) FOW/FOL (0.05) HTS(0.1) BKS (0.1)

2C - McDavid, Pettersson, Barkov, Kopitar,
    2RW - Lindholm, Perron, Reinhart, Killorn
    2LW - Draisaitl, Svechnikov, Schenn
    3FWD From above FWDs
    6D - Karlsson, Dahlin, Gustafsson, Theodore, Edler
    2G - Varlamov, Greisss, Murray, Mrazek

IR - Hamilton

6FARM - Kakko, Mittelstadt, Francouz, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Immortal

Welcome to the boards. Do not do this deal!!!!

My advice would be to be on top of the waiver wire all season long and look for hot/cold streaks as well as injuries. There are always goalies that come out of no where (Elliott last year) so just hope to snag one.

And yeah...as said above the categories are 9 vs 4 in favour of forwards so it's not as bad as it may seem because you have great offense.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Agree with the above posters.

Don't do this one. You're trading A grade talent for B (or maybe B+) grade talent, wiht a questionable, though likely chance to start.

Turn this one down flat, and find your trade somewhere else, if at all.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

awesome responses guys.
    Thank you so much!

Dobber Sports Stud

Terrible deal for you, one of those deals where I'd be jumping for joy if I got Ovechkin at that price.

Your goaltending isn't half bad. In a 14 Team League, you have two starting goalies, and a back up who will get to play in more games than most back ups, as well as one who has the ability to steal the starting job, on top of that the two starting goalies you do have are young and will only get better. Varlamov and Holtby should both be studs in due time.

The best think is you have two of the most elite players in Ovechkin and Giroux, as well as having solid forward depth behind them. Your defense with the forwards you have up front, is probably as good as anybody. I quite like your team.

Happy that your going to stand pat, with Ovechkin.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wonder how many teams in your league - I have seen worse goaltending in 12 team leagues - although yours starts to get a little sketchy in a 10 team league. Either way, this is a bad deal - massive overpay.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    no absolutely not

if ovechkin is going out lundqvist quick or rinne should be coming back

you dont trade one of the top forwards for a goalie who hasnt even become a starter yet
    exactly....
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO