Thread: Dobber guide goalie discrepancy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Dobber guide goalie discrepancy

I've been buying the Dobber fantasy guide for years and it's always helped me immensely in my fantasy hockey leagues but I'm really trying to understand why Dobber's goalie rankings differ so drastically from how he drafted and commented in his rotisserie invitational draft.

I don't want to give away any guide content on here so I won't give specific examples but those of you who have purchased the guide can see what I'm talking about if you take a look at it.

Just wondering if any moderators or anyone that has a hand in putting together the guide can explain some of the rather large discrepancies.

The King of Diatribes

The goalie guide was literally just Dobber and myself so I can't really help you there, unless you're talking about my Top-50 Keeper list. Sometimes people on here get confused how his rankings look so different from mine. But it sounds like you're commenting on two of his different rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalieGuild View Post
    The goalie guide was literally just Dobber and myself so I can't really help you there, unless you're talking about my Top-50 Keeper list. Sometimes people on here get confused how his rankings look so different from mine. But it sounds like you're commenting on two of his different rankings.
    Not the keeper list, I'm comparing the Dobber guide goalie rankings and at the end of the dobber guide there's the results from "Dobber's Rotisserie Invitational" draft where Dobber comments on each rounds picks, he's targeting goalies in the first round and lists his top 3 goalies along with the rest of his Tier 1 goalies, the rankings in the guide are quite a bit different from the ones he listed in the draft comments.

Reading through the rest of the draft it looks like they did it before they knew when the lockout was ending so maybe that has something to do with it?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by GopherHockey View Post
    Not the keeper list, I'm comparing the Dobber guide goalie rankings and at the end of the dobber guide there's the results from "Dobber's Rotisserie Invitational" draft where Dobber comments on each rounds picks, he's targeting goalies in the first round and lists his top 3 goalies along with the rest of his Tier 1 goalies, the rankings in the guide are quite a bit different from the ones he listed in the draft comments.

Reading through the rest of the draft it looks like they did it before they knew when the lockout was ending so maybe that has something to do with it?
    We drafted back in September when there was still hopes of the season being saved.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

What surprised me, in this year's guide (post-lockout) is to see Lundqvist's GP at one more than Nabokov but Lundqvist has only 2 W more. Seems like a typo to me.

I should say that I LOVE the guide. I rely on it a great deal but was a bit puzzled about this, ie Lundqvist's ratio of W/GP seems low, especially in light of the fact that the NYR seem to have, once again, a very strong team.