Thread: Stefan Elliott

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Stefan Elliott

This guy was one of the most hyped D prospects on the site over the last couple years. Started hot last year and had a good showing for his first stint in the show. Checked out his stats this year in the A and he seems to have regressed offensively.
    Anyone have any insight on this guy? Is he a still blue chip fantasy prospect? Is he looking at a permanent spot in Colorado any time soon?

Thanks for any info.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    Keep 15
    12 F, 6 D, 2 G, 6 Bench
    G A P PPP SOG PIM W SV% GAA

F: Crosby, Malkin, Wheeler, Scheifele, Couturier, Toews, Buchnevich, Bjorkstrand, Gusev, Meier, Patrick, Lindblom, Johnsson
    D: DeAngelo, Theodore, Sergachev, Gustafsson
    G: Rask, Jones, Delia

Prospects: Kyrou, Kravstov, Hoglander, Gunler, M Bourque, Fagemo, Puistola, Mysak, Addison, Timmins, Marchenko, Heponiemi

Dobber Sports Padawan

He started cold in the AHL but started to regain status as the season went along.
    He's sitting on my roster right now (last of my draft picks) and I find myself wondering the same thing.
    I'm not saying he will ever amount to anything but this happens when we acquire them this young...ups and downs until they find their way...for perspective, I've had Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Shattenkirk, OEL , to name a few and I've traded them just before their break-out.
    Either stick to your convictions or part with no regrets, otherwise the sleepless nights only get worse.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Initiate

He has the skill to be on PP1, which is where he'll be this season. Erik Johnson may have something to say about that, but I think Elliot's offensive game is good enough for him to earn that spot this year.

Perhaps an Avs fan who knows what he's done during the lockout can add more detail.

BTW, I f'in love the Clay Davis avatar. Well done.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Genius

Still no penalty minutes. D-men that contend for Lady Byng Trophies almost have to be All-Stars. His points going down, in the AHL, doesn't overly concern me, if the guy is concentrating on his own zone. 6PM this year. His career PM indicate added aggression would be a prime thing for him to concentrate upon. It's tough being a soft D-man in the NHL. Even if he's the right size, it makes you small. Little doubt in my mind he can move the puck. So could Norm MacIver, Greg Hawgood, MA Bergeron... and a host of others that never got a chance at the NHL level. I predict a slow NHL transition.

Tyson Barrie may have usurped him on the depth chart.