Thread: Chris Stewart

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Chris Stewart

Via Rotowire:
    "Chris Stewart arrived in St. Louis appearing to be leaner, the Belleville News-Democrat reports. "This is the leanest I've ever been in my life," said Stewart. "I'm excited to put the training into results and help this team win a Stanley Cup."

Analysis:
    "Chris Stewart was motivated to get into better shape following a sub-par 2011-12 season, when there were times coaches called him out for his level of fitness. During the lockout, Stewart skated in leagues in the Czech Republic and Germany, noting that he skated 25-to-30 minutes a night on the larger European ice surfaces."

We all thought he was a 30+goal scorer last year. I thought he had upside for 50 potentially. Does anyone have any stats at all for what he did points wise in those Czech and German leagues? I can't seem to find anything...
    In too many leagues for too much money to put my teams in my signature anymore

Dobber Sports Novice

I'm thinking of picking him up for Doan in my league.

10 Team H2H Keeper: 3C,6W,4D,3U,2G,5B
    Skater Cats (12):G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FOW,FL,HIT,BLK
    Goalie Cats (6):W,GA,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO
    C: Kopitar,Toews,Zajac,Stoll,Hanzal
    W: Parise,Perry,Backes,Brown,Gaborik,Tarasenko,Clarks on,Saad,Gallagher,Jokinen
    D: Pietrangelo,Edler,Kronwall,Girardi,Voynov
    G: Rinne,Rask,Fasth

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He did ok in Germany, but not that good in Czech where he only played 5 games

check out this link - there you can see his stats

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10442

i do not have very high hopes for him because there are a lot of guys fighting for ice time, but would love for him to bounce back since i own him in my league
    12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

Banned

i don't think stewart's game fits with the blues. he is not quick or smart enough to play a quick transition and cycle game - he is better suited for a run and gun offence like he had in colorado. maybe a better fitness level will get him on the same page as his teammates, but he has a long way to go to overtake prime ice-time from the likes of oshie, perron macdonald, tarsenko....