Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kovalchuk staying in KHL...

Dobber Sports Pro

Fair's got nothing to do with this. Kovalchuk has a legal obligation. He signed a long term deal, so honour it. Lockout is just an excuse.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    you're completely missing the point...the players just want to play hockey (they wanna get paid too but that's semi-irrelevant, both leagues can pay) and the fans want to watch hockey. So why does the NHL get to be the big dick while behaving like, well, the big dick?
    im not missing the point at all

the khl isnt doing this out of the goodness of their hearts because they feel nhl players are being treated unfairly they are doing it because like the capitalist pigs in the west they are trying to line their pockets with as much money as they possibly can as well

its a sham its a way to thump their chests and say how they stood up to the imperialist americans

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
    Fair's got nothing to do with this. Kovalchuk has a legal obligation. He signed a long term deal, so honour it. Lockout is just an excuse.
    I hear you, but what honour is there in this day and age? The NHL sure as hell didn't show any to we, the fan, during this process. At the end of the day, I'm sure he'll return to the best league in the world.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    I hear you, but what honour is there in this day and age? The NHL sure as hell didn't show any to we, the fan, during this process. At the end of the day, I'm sure he'll return to the best league in the world.
    The difference is that the NHL has no legal obligation to the fans. If the players are viewed as cattle then what are the fans viewed as? Cattle feed, that is all.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    these deals were signed with out clauses

these teams knew they were only getting these players for as long as the lockout lasted

its bullshit grandstanding nothing more

kovalchuk had a chance to go to the khl when he was a ufa
    the khl new what it was getting.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Banned

im not missing the point at all

the khl isnt doing this out of the goodness of their hearts because they feel nhl players are being treated unfairly they are doing it because like the capitalist pigs in the west they are trying to line their pockets with as much money as they possibly can as well

its a sham its a way to thump their chests and say how they stood up to the imperialist americans
    have you been watching Red Dawn or Rocky IV or something lately? lol

I'm not saying the KHL isn't potentially just as bad and self serving, what I'm saying is that THIS YEAR they aren't the ones who gave up on the players, the sport and the fans, unlike the NHL.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Oh, just F'en lovely!!! I make a big trade last year to get Kovi and now he may not come back...I make a big trade at our draft to get Quick and Nash (costing my Ovi) and Quick has back issues....Damn it, I have spent the better part of 2 years putting together what I really believe is a winning team, and this happens....sigh....

I love fantasy hockey!! LOL
    12 team keeper league. 8 keepers/team.
    Skater Pts: goal = 2, assist =1, +/-, PIM = .5
    Goalie Pts: win = 5, SO = 3, Sv = .1, GA = -.9

FORWARDS:
    C. Giroux, I. Kovalchuk, E. Malkin, D. Clarkson, D. Perron, J. Pominville, J. Tootoo, R. Mason, R. Nash, J. Iginla, S. Gagner, R. O'Reilly, T. Bozak
    DEFENSE:
    C. Letang, Mike Green, A. Edler, N. Kronwall, D. Engelland, K. Yandle, B. Dillon, P. Martin
    GOALIES:
    R. Miller, J. Quick J. Hiller, C. Nilstorp

Dobber Sports Wizard

have you been watching Red Dawn or Rocky IV or something lately? lol
    no but the language being used and the chest thumping going on makes it clear that they still have this 80s mentality towards us

I'm not saying the KHL isn't potentially just as bad and self serving, what I'm saying is that THIS YEAR they aren't the ones who gave up on the players, the sport and the fans, unlike the NHL.
    the nhl and the khl are businesses first and foremost if you think for a minute that somehow the khl wouldnt do exactly what the nhl did if they had to you are naive

and i dont want to hear how its different because they didnt actually do it if you have sin in your heart you are a sinner period and thats from an athiest

also what the khl is attempting to do this year is to deprive nhl fans and the teams of the players who signed contracts by convincing them that somehow they dont have to fulfill their obligations

im not sure how that action can be viewed in any way shape or form as not bad for the sport and the fans

maybe they should worry about making sure they have defibrulators at their rinks and maintain a plane every once in a while instead of attempting to poorly interpret north american labor law

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Star

Did the Devils lose Parise because they couldn't afford him after signing this clown? Or was that for other reasons? It feels like it was so long ago lol

Anyway, you're damn right Kovalchuk will be back. NHL will not take this lightly, blah blah blah. Why would he even bother to be such a dick about it?

I do agree with what magoo said on the first page though.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by gfhyde View Post
    Did the Devils lose Parise because they couldn't afford him after signing this clown? Or was that for other reasons? It feels like it was so long ago lol
    They could have afforded to sign Parise and had he not wanted to play home with Suter, he would have re-signed with the Devils. Atleast that's what Parise said after signing with the Wild.

Quote Originally Posted by gfhyde View Post
    Anyway, you're damn right Kovalchuk will be back. NHL will not take this lightly, blah blah blah. Why would he even bother to be such a dick about it?
    Well NHL was being a dick about Kovalchuk's contract first
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Deity

For what its worth, Kovy IS listed as being on the roster for the KHL All Star game this weekend and fully intends on playing in it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dchesnoko...2893419521?p=v
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    They could have afforded to sign Parise and had he not wanted to play home with Suter, he would have re-signed with the Devils. Atleast that's what Parise said after signing with the Wild.

Well NHL was being a dick about Kovalchuk's contract first
    Ahh I thought it was just a money thing.

lol touche. Good point. I just meant that it's not great for his teammates.

"Yeahhh, I might stay over here. I know I'm worth more than the rest of you combined and the corn in my crap has more talent than Brodeur, but I really, REALLY like Russia.".
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Pro

As far as Kovie is concerned is that the CBA has not been ratified yet so there is no rush to return. He wants to play the KHL all star game and can still return after for training camp start for Sunday/Monday.

At the end of the day he has a huge contract with the Devils that he will not just walk away from. He will still get paid, what(?), $6M for the 48 game season?

Banned

no but the language being used and the chest thumping going on makes it clear that they still have this 80s mentality towards us

the nhl and the khl are businesses first and foremost if you think for a minute that somehow the khl wouldnt do exactly what the nhl did if they had to you are naive

and i dont want to hear how its different because they didnt actually do it if you have sin in your heart you are a sinner period and thats from an athiest

also what the khl is attempting to do this year is to deprive nhl fans and the teams of the players who signed contracts by convincing them that somehow they dont have to fulfill their obligations

im not sure how that action can be viewed in any way shape or form as not bad for the sport and the fans

maybe they should worry about making sure they have defibrulators at their rinks and maintain a plane every once in a while instead of attempting to poorly interpret north american labor law

We're both making fantasy world type statements in this thread, the difference between them is that I'm simply envisioning a sceanrio where the greedy and self-serving in the world of hockey get what's coming to them (NHL, KHL, AHL, whatever) and you're raving on like a McCarthyist from my old man's era.

The NHL owners basically came to the table this time round with the stance that 'we we're stupid and made dumb contract signings and we don't feel we should have to be held accountable for them now'. That's bullshit. Thankfully the NHLPA didn't let them get away with it (not fully anyway) but it doesn't change the fact that they're shitty, self-serving and have little regard for the game I love. That's the reason I'd like to see them get theirs, its got nothing to do with loving the KHL more or any such nonsense, I'm sure they would be capable of the same. All I'm saying is I'd love to see a system that punished that kind of crap.

Dobber Sports Wizard

We're both making fantasy world type statements in this thread, the difference between them is that I'm simply envisioning a sceanrio where the greedy and self-serving in the world of hockey get what's coming to them (NHL, KHL, AHL, whatever) and you're raving on like a McCarthyist from my old man's era.
    im not raving at all im just not buying the idea that the khl is any less self serving than the nhl is that somehow what they are doing is because of some noble love of the game and the fans

its about lining their own pockets plain and simple

The NHL owners basically came to the table this time round with the stance that 'we we're stupid and made dumb contract signings and we don't feel we should have to be held accountable for them now'. That's bullshit. Thankfully the NHLPA didn't let them get away with it (not fully anyway) but it doesn't change the fact that they're shitty, self-serving and have little regard for the game I love. That's the reason I'd like to see them get theirs, its got nothing to do with loving the KHL more or any such nonsense, I'm sure they would be capable of the same. All I'm saying is I'd love to see a system that punished that kind of crap.
    of course they are shitty self-serving and have little regard for the game its business to them nothing more nothing less and any expectation for them to act contrary to their best business interests is naive

the nhl owners will no more 'get theirs' than those who caused the recession got theirs things just dont work that way

one thing i do agree with though is that envisioning a world where they get what is coming to them is a fantasy

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max