Thread: Luongo?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Luongo?

What's everyone's feelings towards Luongo? Avoiding him like the plague or taking a flyer in the hopes that he'll be traded and outplay his draft spot?

Dobber Sports Stud

Taking a fly on him. He's still one of the very best goalies in the game. I would take him as early as seasons past, but there's no way I let him fall to far below that.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No need to avoid, Gillis will find a home for him and in the interim he has to start him to showcase him. Not to mention, a shortened season = more back to backs.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Stat wise he will still be in the elite level, especially in a shortened season, hes a workhorse. His whole career he's showen that the more shots he faces, the better he performs so shipping him to toronto or florida may be an actual net gain for fantasy owners (not in wins but in saves, save %, starts). He's a starter and even if kept in Vancouver will still get more of the starts over corey.

Anyways, I wouldn't avoid him at all. He's dropped down my draft list signifigantly and like most canucks fans I'm a schneider fan now but this doesnt change his skill level and stat output for fantasy purposes.

Dobber Sports Newbie

I am personally staying away just cause of the whole vancouver situation along with his normal slow starts.

If Vancouver starts Schneider and wait till he fails. Luongo still needs to get up to speed considering he haven't played since last years playoffs.

Along with the fact that Luongo has always been great when he sees lots of shots and average when he doesn't, vancouver doesn't generally allow a lot of shots.

Those are my thoughts, there are better fantasy goalies out there due to circumstances imo

Dobber Sports Genius

Lou is still a top quality goalie. The only thing that might knock him down is splitting games, so other than his W/SO, his GA and S% should be comparable to his past stats. If you take him and he's moved into a starters role it will look like an absolute steal.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Vancityguy View Post
    Stat wise he will still be in the elite level, especially in a shortened season, hes a workhorse. His whole career he's showen that the more shots he faces, the better he performs so shipping him to toronto or florida may be an actual net gain for fantasy owners (not in wins but in saves, save %, starts). He's a starter and even if kept in Vancouver will still get more of the starts over corey.

Anyways, I wouldn't avoid him at all. He's dropped down my draft list signifigantly and like most canucks fans I'm a schneider fan now but this doesnt change his skill level and stat output for fantasy purposes.
    I really doubt that, for it to happen Schneider would have to perform poorly, and Luongo would have to be playing at a much better level than Schneider. In short Schneider is going to be gett the most games in Vancouver, unless he comes down due to injury.

Outside of that little tidbit I agree with you for the most part. Only thing different would be that while Luongo has dropped on my draft list, it isn't by a significant amount, due to said things you mentioned. I'm pretty confident Luongo will land on his feet, and thus still has a great deal of value.

Dobber Sports Giant

hes a top goalie and will play. even if he stays in van id bet he gets a decent number of starts.
    i dont think he will be in van. very long though.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO