Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Parise

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    57 and 69 pts, big difference of 12 pts. 12 pts more and Parise would have had 81 pts and be tied for 7th overall in scoring.
    and 12 points more and getzlaf would have been tied with parise

not sure what this has to do with anything

also it continues to ignore the fact that the league being discussed is not a straight points league

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Parise for me.
    He's a deft sniper who has never played with anybody as skilled a passer as Mikko Koivu.

You pair an elite playmaker with an elite sniper and point-totals go boom.
    Unless somebody is going to tell me that Zajac-Langenbrunner were better players than Koivu-Heatley.

Also - as long-term thinking goes... Jamie Benn is a center only.
    This is 2C keepers for you, add Getzlaf and you have 3.
    I'd rather have 2C/2LW than 3C/1LW.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    come on i expect much much better than this he missed time 2 seasons

that 57 game season was his rookie season the one where he played 17 games in portland

i am sorry but this has exaclty what to do with a cap league with the scoring system in the ops signature

i appreciate your anecdotal evidence however in this situation its pretty irrelevant in the context of what is going on here

not to mention i am not sure the point you are trying to make if it is that getzlaf was able to be drafted the orginal post states that getzlaf will be a keeper for this other manager so he will not be available in the draft like in your situation
    Fine I didn't bother to check that rookie season. But he's had at least twice the major injuries as Parise had. Parise had a season ending injury that prior to he had missed 3 total games, and came back to play a full season.

Getzlaf will be a UFA and is due big bucks. You have to compare relative value of Parise at LW versus Getzlaf at C then, as all C will get bump in value with FOW. In Fantrax Getzlaf is ranked 12th, Weiss 16th, Plekanec 21st overall out of ALL SKATERS due to FOW.
    Last edited by cdubb; January 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Ace

and 12 points more and getzlaf would have been tied with parise

not sure what this has to do with anything

also it continues to ignore the fact that the league being discussed is not a straight points league
    YOU were comparing Parise's 'crap season' to Getzlafs. One was statistically better (not counting FOW which is easy to pickup). So you'd rather draft FOW then goals, fine. Difference of opinion, but stop claiming outrage when everyone else disagrees.

It's close enough to have a positional preference. Like you said, everyone on Anaheim did crap last year. Is their team much different this year - no? Is Parise's situation much better- maybe?

Getzlaf's cap might be better this year, but not for long.

P.s . I hope Getzlaf gets 90 assists cuz I own Perry in multiple leagues.
    Last edited by cdubb; January 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Wizard

Fine I didn't bother to check that rookie season. But he's had at least twice the major injuries as Parise had. Parise had a season ending injury that prior to he had missed 3 total games, and came back to play a full season.
    what what

parise missed all but 13 games in a season while getz missed 15 and 16 games in two seperate seasons how does a 15 missed game injury become the equivalent of a 69 missed game injury

also one of his injuries was from being hit in the face with a puck thats a freak injury it hardly qualifies as consideration for injury prone

Getzlaf will be a UFA and is due big bucks. You have to compare relative value of Parise at LW versus Getzlaf at C then, as all C will get bump in value with FOW. In Fantrax Getzlaf is ranked 12th, Weiss 16th, Plekanec 21st overall out of ALL SKATERS due to FOW.
    i would be shocked if getzlaf managed to get more than parise given the cap will be going down next season

as for the lw vs c thing yes it is certainly at play however so is total points under this scoring system as well as contracts

position isnt end all be all it is only part of what needs to be looked

too many are treating this like a straight points league with no cap

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Ace

what what

parise missed all but 13 games in a season while getz missed 15 and 16 games in two seperate seasons how does a 15 missed game injury become the equivalent of a 69 missed game injury

also one of his injuries was from being hit in the face with a puck thats a freak injury it hardly qualifies as consideration for injury prone

i would be shocked if getzlaf managed to get more than parise given the cap will be going down next season

as for the lw vs c thing yes it is certainly at play however so is total points under this scoring system as well as contracts

position isnt end all be all it is only part of what needs to be looked

too many are treating this like a straight points league with no cap
    Twisting knee requiring meniscus surgery (not ligament surgery) and otherwise missing 3 games total in 7 seasons.

Geztlaf sprained his ankle in 2010 Olympics, And re-injured it 3 times in 5 weeks per Fantrax.

As an orthopedic surgeon I would argue that is an isolated injury for both of them.

I don't belong to any salary cap leagues, so don't know how UFA status affects it but agree contracts matter.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Wizard

YOU were comparing Parise's 'crap season' to Getzlafs. One was statistically better (not counting FOW which is easy to pickup). So you'd rather draft FOW then goals, fine.
    actually i am willing to bet that nearly every season getz would have been stastically better and not just because of fow he also hits him pretty hard in pims hits and blks

and i dont know what you are talking about drafting for fow instead of goals

this is not a cat league it is a points league you draft for points it doesnt make one bit of difference where they come from

the team that wins is the one with the most points not the one with the most goals

people really need to get out of this mindset that points leagues should be drafted like cat leagues

Difference of opinion, but stop claiming outrage when everyone else disagrees. It's close enough to have a positional preference. Like you said, everyone on Anaheim did crap last year. Is their team much different this year - no? Is Parise's situation much better- maybe?
    i have no where claimed outrage

and this isnt about a difference of opinion its about people making crap up and then trying to pass it off as facts

its about people making excuses for one while shitting on another

its about people holding both players to completely different standards

anaheim still has talented players they happened to have a terrible year i dont get this idea that all of those players are now terrible and thats what we will see forever you cant honestly believe that can you

as for parises situation being better sorry not by a long shot last year his linemates were the 5th and 10th scorers in the league

unless you played with malkin and neal you couldnt have had it sweeter than parise did last season

Getzlaf's cap might be better this year, but not for long.
    you actually have no idea if thats the case or not

given that the salary cap is going down next year and not up the likelyhood that he gets a parise deal is kinda slim especially since perry is also up and there will be plenty of other players to replace including potentially selanne and koivu

the big clubs will have enough of a problem getting their own players under contract and managing buyouts that he cant count on an offer to leverage a better deal and somehow i just dont see him going to say the islanders

i would be shocked if getz gets $7.5 i just dont see it happening especially since no one knows what damage was done to the game and the cap could in theory stall for a year or two

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Wizard

Twisting knee requiring meniscus surgery (not ligament surgery) and otherwise missing 3 games total in 7 seasons.

Geztlaf sprained his ankle in 2010 Olympics, And re-injured it 3 times in 5 weeks per Fantrax.

As an orthopedic surgeon I would argue that is an isolated injury for both of them.
    again not sure the relevance here i never once posited that parise was somehow injury prone i didnt bring up his injury other than to acknowledge there was one and to argue against it being used as an excuse when others come back from injury

if you remove parises knee you remove getzs ankle

the puck to the face was freak so we are left with getz missing 6 games hardly anything to get all up in arms about

again i posted game totals and getz has played more over the same time so i am not sure why you keep trying to insist that getz has missed tons of time

I don't belong to any salary cap leagues, so don't know how UFA status affects it but agree contracts matter.
    i am not in any cap leagues either however i understand that if you have one guy get 361.2 points with a $6.13 and another get 356.1 with a $7.54 cap hit that means something it means enough to me that the whole w vs c thing isnt an end all be all anymore

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Ace

actually i am willing to bet that nearly every season getz would have been stastically better and not just because of fow he also hits him pretty hard in pims hits and blks

As for parises situation being better sorry not by a long shot last year his linemates were the 5th and 10th scorers in the league
    Hits/blocks/sog all worth the same (0.2) and pims 0.1.

2009-10
    Getzlaf 149 sog, 178 hts, 49 blocks, 79 pims = 75.2 + 7.9 = 83 pts
    Parise 347 sog, 108 hts, 34 blocks, 32 pims = 97.8 + 3.2 = 101 pts

Then take account G worth more than A (4:3), GWG etc. than if Getzlaf MAY win but only due to FOW. I can't bother to calculate it on an iPad.

you have some good points, but Parise played mostly with Henrique as C, not Elias.
    Last edited by cdubb; January 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    He is right, Getz did score about ten points more than Parise but he extra points can be contributed to his FOW.
    10 pts more With 639 FOW = 63.9 pts.

Pretty much all the difference is due to FOW.

Yes salary matters, but you can get cheap Cs also.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hits/blocks/sog all worth the same (0.2) and pims 0.1.

2009-10
    Getzlaf 149 sog, 178 hts, 49 blocks, 79 pims = 75.2 + 7.9 = 83 pts
    Parise 347 sog, 108 hts, 34 blocks, 32 pims = 97.8 + 3.2 = 101 pts

Then take account G worth more than A (4:3), GWG etc. than if Getzlaf MAY win but only due to FOW. I can't bother to calculate it on an iPad.
    my assumption appears to be wrong here

looks like 11-12 is getz 09-10 and 08-09 are parise 07-08 and 06-07 are getz

when parise gets over 35 goals he beats getzlaf under this scoring system however if he cant get to 35 it doesnt look like he beats him

you have some good points, but Parise played mostly with Henrique as C, not Elias.
    you are right henrique at even strenght and elias on the pp

so only one of his linemates was in the top 10 in scoring

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Superstar

Looks like this thread has been hijacked with some hard to follow babble.

I don't think you can go wrong either way, both are solid players. But I side with Pengwin on the position eligibility. Spread around your talent a little bit, so give me Parise.

Dobber Sports Wizard

10 pts more With 639 FOW = 63.9 pts.

Pretty much all the difference is due to FOW.

Yes salary matters, but you can get cheap Cs also.
    its part of the scoring system more points means more points

teams with more points win doesnt matter where the points come from

also its not just about getting cheap centers they actually have to put up the points as well

a lot of cap management is getting the most points per dollar that you can get while accounting for position

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max