Thread: World Cup of Hockey most likely to return, plus Olympic info

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default World Cup of Hockey most likely to return, plus Olympic info

Here's an article from Lebrun informing us that the World Cup of Hockey is most likely going to return. He also provides info. relating to the Olympics.

Banned

I really hope they are able to work out a deal for the Olympics...ever since I was a kid growing up watching Canada Cups and the like I've loved international hockey pitting our best against their best more than anything, its a fantastic display of everything I love about the game.

As an aside though, I've never been able to figure out why the **** the IOC and the IIHF are headquartered in Switzerland and they get to make the decisions on all things international hockey when they've basically been irrelevant in the world of hockey until quite recently

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not sure of how it went in the past, but wouldn't it be strange to have the World Cup then the Olympics alternating every two years? The best players playing for their country in each, but wouldn't they possibly have different rules and what not? Idk, I think I would prefer one or the other and not both.