Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Silfverberg starting on top line

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Silfverberg starting on top line

Coach Paul MacLean was on Ottawa radio today and stated that Silfverberg will be starting the season on the top line with Spezza and Michalek.

Draft accordingly. Silfverberg has intense NHL experience playing two games against the Rangers in the playoffs (Games 6 & 7) last season. He has also been Binghamton's best player (other than Lehner) this season and has really come on as of late. Raving reviews from Bingo coach Luke Richardson about how quickly Silfverberg has figured things out and what kind of player (and leader) he can become.

Move him up 3 rounds in your draft list.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks so much for the news. This makes me think Spezza is going to have a big year as well.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Coach Paul MacLean was on Ottawa radio today and stated that Silfverberg will be starting the season on the top line with Spezza and Michalek.

Draft accordingly. Silfverberg has intense NHL experience playing two games against the Rangers in the playoffs (Games 6 & 7) last season. He has also been Binghamton's best player (other than Lehner) this season and has really come on as of late. Raving reviews from Bingo coach Luke Richardson about how quickly Silfverberg has figured things out and what kind of player (and leader) he can become.

Move him up 3 rounds in your draft list.
    Hmm... interesting.
    Though many a coach has placed a youngster on the top line to get his confidence rolling. Four years ago the Sens opened camp with Jesse Winchester on the top line with Spezza & Alfie.

But it is a good gamble.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Definitely bumping him up a few rounds now.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Not surprised. I've been saying this for a looooooooong time
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Not surprised. I've been saying this for a looooooooong time
    Speculation!

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Genius

No problem guys.

Assistant GM Tim Murray is on after the next commercial break and he is expected to talk more about the 26 or 27 players that are invited to camp.

I will keep you updated on any fantasy relevant news.
    Last edited by notch4077; January 8, 2013 at 10:36 AM.

Dobber Sports Guru

Thanks, this is exactly what I was hoping for.

What are his periphs like? Value in multi-cat (w/ hits, PIMs and SOG)?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Can't really speak to hits or PIM but he is definitely a good shooter and could work well as the trigger man on that line.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; January 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

Dobber Sports Giant

glad i snagged him earlier.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Genius

Hits and PIM's couldn't get any lower if he tried. Last I checked, he was moving in on a point-per-game and only had 2 PIM's on the season in the AHL. He doesn't make many hits and uses more leverage and an active stick to gain possession of the puck.

As far as SOG - he averages about 3 a game. His shot is world class. You'll see.

He is definitely not a Cy Young player. Usually a couple more assists than goals, but fairly even totals.

I hate guessing point totals, but I'm gonna go ahead and say 13 goals, 17 assists in 48 games. I have no clue though. Either way, if he isn't on the top line, he will be on the 2nd line playing with Turris and Alfie. That is why I felt fairly confident in guessing his point totals becuase there isn't too much difference between those two lines.

Dobber Sports Genius

Didn't want to derail this thread, so I will make another post about Tim Murray's (Assistant GM) interview on the radio in the Ottawa thread.

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Hits and PIM's couldn't get any lower if he tried. Last I checked, he was moving in on a point-per-game and only had 2 PIM's on the season in the AHL. He doesn't make many hits and uses more leverage and an active stick to gain possession of the puck.

As far as SOG - he averages about 3 a game. His shot is world class. You'll see.

He is definitely not a Cy Young player. Usually a couple more assists than goals, but fairly even totals.

I hate guessing point totals, but I'm gonna go ahead and say 13 goals, 17 assists in 48 games. I have no clue though. Either way, if he isn't on the top line, he will be on the 2nd line playing with Turris and Alfie. That is why I felt fairly confident in guessing his point totals becuase there isn't too much difference between those two lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Can't really speak to hits or PIM but he is definitely a good shooter and could work well as the trigger man on that line.
    Thanks, gents, duly noted. I may hold off this year, in my limited keeper (sig, below). But if it looks like 80pts or more upside are on the horizon he might be worth a draft pick next year.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks, gents, duly noted. I may hold off this year, in my limited keeper (sig, below). But if it looks like 80pts or more upside are on the horizon he might be worth a draft pick next year.
    Bomm, not sure who is available in your draft, but if you are wondering if Silfverberg can be an 80-point player before you make the decision to draft him, I can safely say, he will. Draft him now! What he is going to show you this season will have your competitors after him next season. Right now is your only chance to jump the gun and even now, you probably have some guys watching him.

Only thing I would worry about is the hits and PIM's category like I said earlier. You mentioned the 80 point thing and I think that is a safe bet.