Thread: Word Junior Talent

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Word Junior Talent

Hey Y'All.

It feels sooo good to have something to talk about.

In my draft (not listed below) I have effectively first crack at anyone who is not already taken. Usually, it would be the scraps of the scraps, but I thought I'd look at The World Junior classmen, largely because of the timing.....

Short of the big fish, RNH, Schiefele, etc....

Is there someone I should target to make an impact?

Does John Gibson step in as Hiller's eventual sucessor? Who is out there who will make a difference this year??
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Deity

It's going to be tough to give an honest evaluation without knowing "who's not already taken".

If you could even offer a list of the top 6-10 players that you like from the available group, that would make things a lot easier.

As far as Gibson goes, I was asking Justin Goldman about him the other day and his evaluation of him. He expects Gibson to be playing in the AHL as early as next year. He does have some competition in front of him but the path for him looks good. I wouldnt expect to see him sniffing around Anaheim for at least 3-4 year at best. Hiller is 30 years old so his time there is on the down hill slide, but Gibson isn't close yet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Does your leauge allow farm players? Becuase 99.9% of the players in the WJC will not play in the NHL next season.

I agree with previous poster need to see a list of available players

Woudl totally take Gibson as a project but only in a farm capasity. Goalies are unpredicatble and it could be 4 years before he even sees the NHL.
    Last edited by fuji9991; January 8, 2013 at 3:35 PM.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Who was that kid playing wing for Grigorenko on team Russia?? I believe he was number 16, he look pretty good.. Seemed small but definitely talented..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

Not sure what number he was but.....Kucherov?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Not sure what number he was but.....Kucherov?
    That's the one. He's someone to keep in mind as he made the move to the QMJHL this season. He's part of that Russian group Tampa Bay has drafted recently and he's a damn good prospect.

But yes a list of some available players would be extremely helpful.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Sage

With his performance over the last two tourny`s Markus Granlund is a player I`m starting to look at harder... Brother gets all the hype.... I like Kucherov as well...<
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.