Thread: Rate my team

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Rate my team

Hey everyone, first time poster but long time lurker on this site. There is some great insight going on in these forums, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a grade or rate on my team. It's a 10 team league; 2 centers, 2 LW, 2 RW, 3 D, and 2 goalies.
    Categories are for skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    C: Jordan Staal, Mikko Koivu, Vincent Lecavalier
    RW: Martin St. Louis, Michael Ryder,Alexander Semin (RW,LW)
    LW: Evander Kane, Max Pacioretty, Joffrey Lupul (RW,LW)
    D: Erik Karlsson, Zdeno Chara, P.K. Subban
    G: Henrik Lundqvist, Mike Smith, Corey Crawford

Little light on the offense I feel. I tried a different strategy this year. There is a utility spot which one of these skaters will be in as well. Thoughts or opinions?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Phillm1 View Post
    Hey everyone, first time poster but long time lurker on this site. There is some great insight going on in these forums, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a grade or rate on my team. It's a 10 team league; 2 centers, 2 LW, 2 RW, 3 D, and 2 goalies.

Little light on the offense I feel. I tried a different strategy this year. There is a utility spot which one of these skaters will be in as well. Thoughts or opinions?

Welcome to the forums!! The addiction is about to OWN you

Strong on D and in goal. Need some more firepower on the offense side as you indicated. Can maybe package a couple of these guys together to land an upgrade somewhere.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would rate this team as bottom 3 in a standard one-year H2H league with 10 teams.
    There's just not enough offensive firepower in a 6F/3D/2G format.

You'll basically need Mike Smith to repeat his last year to have a chance at top half... and I think that's asking a lot for that to happen. Your goalies will have to carry this team and I have serious doubts that happens.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I'll agree with this. I just don't have the fire power on offense to keep up with the big boys. Thanks for the input, look forward to seeing more info. from everyone on here!

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Phillm1 View Post

Welcome to the forum. I just want to say that it's good that you have provided all that information - very helpful. There's just one more thing that you should provide - the type of league. Depending on the situation (for this and/or future threads), there could be a significant difference in advice depending on whether it's a H2H league or Roto.

As for advice, I agree with the others you are a bit light on offense, however being a shortened season you never know who could get hot early and that could make them more valuable given less time to cool off. Also, if you get a few breakouts and guys stay healthy then it could be very competitive. There is some risk and some reliance on guys matching or building on career seasons (Pacioretty, Lupul).

I wouldn't panic, and if it's a H2H league then all you have to do is make the playoffs. If it's a Roto league then have a close eye on the category standings to find out what strengths/weakenesses will be uncovered more thoroughly.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks everyone, luckily it's in a league that I'm not playing for money (that draft is coming up soon). I figured I'd try a new strategy, but you know what I'm not really liking it to be honest. Think I'll just stick with what I normally do.