Thread: Yahoo H2H schedule speculation

The Wolverine

Default Yahoo H2H schedule speculation

I'm curious to see how the new schedule will affect Yahoo H2H leagues. Will they give more options on rest of season schedule and playoffs or likely leave it and you decide whether to keep the existing or redo it based on available weeks remaining.

If the season starts on Saturday, January 19th, then for Mon-Sun matchups I figure they'll make the first week an extended one until the 27th and then back to Mon-Sun for the rest of the season and playoffs. So, depending on when the regular season ends (say for the sake of argument, April 13th):

Week one: J19-27
    Week two: J28-F3
    Week three: F4-10
    Week four: F11-17
    Week five: F18-24
    Week six: F25-M3
    Week seven: M4-10
    Week eight: M11-17
    Week nine: M18-24
    Week ten: M25-M31
    Week eleven: A1-7
    Week twelve: A8-13 (six days)

So, in a 12 team league with top six making the playoffs, that would leave nine weeks for the regular season. I don't think there's much that can be done to the regular season schedule to ensure the playoffs stay the same other than playing nine teams and missing two randomly.

For 10 team leagues, this would work out perfectly as you'll play everyone once (assuming a six team playoff).

Any ideas?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I took a look at the Flyers Jan 19th-Apr 13th schedule in another thread.
    They have 39 games scheduled in that time.

I'm hearing that the NHL will go with a 50 game schedule and there is no way the NHL can smash those +11 games in the existing schedule, which is due to end April 13th.

I'd bet the NHL will tack on two extra weeks, bringing the regular season to 14 weeks, ending on April 27th.
    This was discussed in another thread recently too.

This would work out better as:
    11 regular season weeks (for 12-team leagues)
    +3 playoff weeks
    Last edited by Pengwin7; January 7, 2013 at 3:31 PM.

Dobber Sports Superstar

TSN is reporting the NHL is anticipating a 48 game season:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412970

In any event I agree with Pengwin that it will be a 14-15 week regular season. In a 12 team league 14 weeks works perfectly:
    1 x 11 teams = 11 weeks + 3 week playoffs = 14 weeks. For 15 weeks you'd play one team twice.

I don't know about yahoo but espn allows you to custom enter a schedule if you want. My 12 team league has divisions and so we've re-written the schedule to where you play every team once and the last 3 weeks of the season are in-division games to add drama at the end of the year.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'd bet the NHL will tack on two extra weeks, bringing the regular season to 14 weeks, ending on April 27th.
    This was discussed in another thread recently too.

This would work out better as:
    11 regular season weeks (for 12-team leagues)
    +3 playoff weeks
    Thanks - didn't see that thread. Yeah, if they extend it then that would work perfectly for a 12 team H2H league.

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I don't know about yahoo but espn allows you to custom enter a schedule if you want. My 12 team league has divisions and so we've re-written the schedule to where you play every team once and the last 3 weeks of the season are in-division games to add drama at the end of the year.
    You can custom edit the schedule in Yahoo as well. I will hold off until the schedule is set as they might do it automatically. But if they leave it the same rotation then I can edit it to ensure everyone plays each other once (ideally).

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    You can custom edit the schedule in Yahoo as well. I will hold off until the schedule is set as they might do it automatically. But if they leave it the same rotation then I can edit it to ensure everyone plays each other once (ideally).
    I didn't know you could do this, is it in Commisioners tools for leagues that are already set up??
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Superstar

FYI Sportsnet is reporting the NHL is committed to a schedule of Saturday January 19th to Saturday April 27th. That's 14 weeks with the first week being 9 Days and the final week being 6 days on a Monday thru Sunday schedule.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...nnon_playoffs/

Our league is going to be torn because last year we disliked the 6 day finals and decided we wanted to go to a 2-week final however 14 weeks works perfectly for a 12 team league. We could in theory go to a Sunday to Saturday schedule but I don't think most guys (myself included) will like that idea.
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    NO IR

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by UKflames View Post
    I didn't know you could do this, is it in Commisioners tools for leagues that are already set up??
    Yep - 'commish tools' then 'edit schedules'.

The Wolverine

So, the schedule is out so if Yahoo is logical about it scheduling then it should be 14 weeks total. Which means for 12 team leagues with a 6 team playoff, it works out perfectly so you play everyone once (11 weeks) and have a three week playoff. Just waiting for them to apply the changes into our schedules.

Dobber Sports Guru

Any word when Yahoo will be doing the re-scheduling?
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Any word when Yahoo will be doing the re-scheduling?
    I'm wondering the same thing. I just sent them an email so will update this thread if/when I get a response.

They have updated the note saying that max games have been adjusted for default leagues, but private leagues have to change it themselves. So I went to see if I could change the H2H schedule but it still only shows up to week 22.

Dobber Sports Wizard

it is up and ready folks

sorry its been up for awhile but i had to get stuff out to my league

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    it is up and ready folks

sorry its been up for awhile but i had to get stuff out to my league
    Yep it's sorted and those of us in 12 team leagues with a 6 team playoff have the ideal setup - one game vs everyone in the regular season (11 weeks) and an unchanged playoff schedule (3 weeks).

Dobber Sports Superstar

A couple notes.
    1. leftwinglock.com was originally reporting that the first week of the yahoo schedule was going to be 2 days long (January 19-20). When you click on their link it appears yahoo has now said week one will be 9 days (January 19-January 27). A 2-day week is stupid and a 9-day week makes sense but make sure your league is setup this way before puck drops to avoid confusion.

2. The default in my espn league was: 4 playoff teams, 2 week playoff rounds, 10 regular season weeks. Your league manager can change this to 6 or 8 playoff teams in league setting. To expand to 6/8 playoff teams first you have to drop playoff round from 2 weeks to 1 week, only once you adjust to 1week rounds will the dropbox expand to allow 6/8 playoff teams as an option. If you do this you add an extra regular season week and the default will be all teams get a bye. Go to edit schedule and you can create matchups for week 11 (I'd suggest pick the matchups that haven't happened).
    NO IR

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    A couple notes.
    1. leftwinglock.com was originally reporting that the first week of the yahoo schedule was going to be 2 days long (January 19-20). When you click on their link it appears yahoo has now said week one will be 9 days (January 19-January 27). A 2-day week is stupid and a 9-day week makes sense but make sure your league is setup this way before puck drops to avoid confusion.
    Yeah I wouldn't rely on another site for scheduling purposes. It was probably clear to most that it would be a 9 day matchup - two days is pointless. I never even though it would be an option. I'm the commish and being a private league I didn't have to do anything to the schedule, so I figure most leagues should have it set properly. But no harm in checking to be sure.