Thread: Drafted Bryz and Hiller

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Drafted Bryz and Hiller

Full team is in my signature. 3 start minimum per week in my league. We drafted back in September and I drafted Bryzgalov and Hiller. Goalies are quite over-rated in my league in my opinion (only 3/12 categories) and my general strategy is to draft 2 starters who will get 65+ starts each so I don't have to carry 3 goalies.

At the time I was hoping for a big bounce back from Bryz (still am) but with his KHL play and Philly playing mostly in-division games I'm nervous. Options to add include:
    Leighton (Philly tandem) Pavelec, Theodore, Nabokov, Giguere, Varlamov, Reimer, Bobrovsky,

I'm thinking I'll start out with 2 but keep a close eye on Leighton. The nice part about the Philly tandem is even if they don't have great peripherals they should put up high win totals and in head-2-head I can often max out starts to claim wins and at least go 1-2 in goalie stats.

The other guy I find appealing is Varlamov. The Avalanche are constantly improving, the thing that scares me about Varlamov is whether he can keep the starter role. What looks like my best option?
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'd drop Rinaldo (good for just 2 cats) and pick-up Pavelec.

Winnipeg could be a very nice team this year. Even with the massive amount of travel they have to do, they get those Southeast opponents.

Varlamov is going to have to deal with the improving Oilers & Wild... and of course the Canucks. I wouldn't want any part of that. (and I have Varlamov on my DobberHockey Entry league team and am now... worried.)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Pengwin probably has it right. I would drop Rinaldo for a goalie and rank them as follows:

Pavelec
    Varlamov
    Nabakov
    Bobrovsky
    Reimer
    Pick up a LW instead
    Keep what you have
    One of the Backups.

Reason I threw LWs in there is you seem pretty scarce in that area. I would also look at dropping either Stepan or Desharnais (I personally would drop Stepan) for a WW LW, but I don't know who is available in your league so I can't really advise. Granlund? He has LW eligibility in my league and will probably match Stepan as he will be sheltered and get really cushy minutes in Minny