Thread: My Matt Duchene for his Mike Smith

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default My Matt Duchene for his Mike Smith

I play in a 12 team dynasty and I need help in net....so I am looking to aquire a goalie. Two targets I have available to me are Smit and Holtby. The owner of Holtby is being cryptic about what he wants, but the owner of Smith wants Duchene in a bad way. So should I trade Smith for Duchene and what should I offer for Holtby if I decide to go that route.

Stats/positions:

Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Faceoffs Lost (FL), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

C, C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

My team:

Crosby, C.Smith, RNH. Duchene, Hall, Pacioretty, Cammaleri, Martin, Eberle, Skinner, R.Johansen, Neil, Karlsson, Byfuglien, Pietranglo, Striet, Yandle, OEL,
    Gaborik, Nyquist, Grigorinko, S.Elliot, C.Ward, Bernier, Markstrom

Any and all thoughts are appreciated
    Dynasty League

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV, SO, SV%

C- A.Matthews, J.Eichel, N.Hischier, C.Dvorak
    LW- N.Ehlers, A.Galchenyuk, J.Schwartz, J.Vesey, R.Fabbri
    RW - N.Niederrieter, A.Duclair, M.Hoffman, C.Coyle
    D - I.Provorov, M.Sergachev, M.Dumba, T.Barrie, R.Ellis, C.Ceci, D.Pouliot
    G- B.Bishop, S.Varlamov, J.Sarros
    Prospects- D.Sprong, J.Gillies, T.Jarry, T.Liljegren, F.Chytil, L.Soderstrom

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Bristol View Post
    I play in a 12 team dynasty and I need help in net....so I am looking to aquire a goalie. Two targets I have available to me are Smit and Holtby. The owner of Holtby is being cryptic about what he wants, but the owner of Smith wants Duchene in a bad way. So should I trade Smith for Duchene and what should I offer for Holtby if I decide to go that route.

Stats/positions:

Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Faceoffs Lost (FL), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

C, C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

My team:

Crosby, C.Smith, RNH. Duchene, Hall, Pacioretty, Cammaleri, Martin, Eberle, Skinner, R.Johansen, Neil, Karlsson, Byfuglien, Pietranglo, Striet, Yandle, OEL,

What are the goalie stats?

No I don't trade Duchene for Smith. I do a different package , throw a few other offers together.

Dobber Sports Sage

Man... Tough call. As long as Smith (and Tippet) is in PHO, I think SMith's numbers will be solid. That being said, I love Duchene for a rebound/breakout year (returning to his 67/70 point season). I'm a huge Duchene fan and I think his value is at a low right now, making him a difficult move.

As much as I like Smith for solid numbers next year, I'd hate to move Duchene for him. I think you could/should get a better goalie for him (more of a guarantee no matter where he plays) even if it meant packaging another player/pick along with Duchene. Otherwise I'd look to move a different player+ for Smith.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Wizard

Stats/positions:

My team:

Don't trade Duchene or any of your budding stars!! I'd much rather wait and take it on the chin one more year. In the very near future you'll be stacked and then looking to trade AWAY the very goalie you traded for this year. That's a helluva price to pay for what will essentially be a one year RENTAL!! Losing sucks, but you'll likely have a decent pick in the upcoming draft to bolster your team.

With that said, I would first explore a package like Bernier + young forward to the Holtby owner or someone who has extra goal-tending before taking the WAIT approach. If the package is accepted, said GM would get a young goalie with upside to replace the goalie they just loss and a forward to hopefully offset the value.
    Last edited by One87; January 6, 2013 at 8:50 PM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

thanks for the advice and I am of the same opinion. I really do not want to trade Duchene at all. The owner of Smith also has Schnieder, but is a huge Canucks fan and will not move him. Holtby's owner is difficult to deal with and wants RNH so that avenue looks to be closed as well. Will sit tight and take it on the chin for another year I suppose.
    Dynasty League

Dobber Sports Wizard

thanks for the advice and I am of the same opinion. I really do not want to trade Duchene at all. The owner of Smith also has Schnieder, but is a huge Canucks fan and will not move him. Holtby's owner is difficult to deal with and wants RNH so that avenue looks to be closed as well. Will sit tight and take it on the chin for another year I suppose.
    I've done it. Funny thing is, when Bernier is a starter, watch the same GMs come at you with a short memory. Just build your Picasso.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Banned

i think the biggest issue is that its the absolute worst time to be trying to buy Smith after the season he posted last year...you never want to try to buy after a career year. I still think he'll play well but not like last year

I agree that this is the worst time to be trying tp get Smith, but I have made a lot of offers and done a lot of talking and Smith and Holtby are the only options available to me. I feel a lot better about sitting tight, thanks.
    Dynasty League

Dobber Sports Stud

It's tough as you could probably contend by trading Duchene for Smith straight up, but that's for one year. Where as if you keep Duchene and wait on Bernier and Markstrom, you will be in a better spot of contending. I think I'd want to hang on to Duchene and wait on Markstrom who should be ready to be a number one next season, but if you feel like you can win with the team you got minus Duchene, with the addition of Smith, than you should probably make the deal.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sell High - Smith
    Buy Low - Duchene

Works for the other GM but doesn't work for you. I like Markstrom a lot, so I definitely would wait what happens with Luongo and Florida.
    Yahoo - 8 Teams - Dynasty League
    (G,A,SOG,HIT,BS,+/-,W,GAA,SV%,SO)

F: Crosby | Malkin | Ovechkin | Giroux | Toews | Perry | Bergeron | Kovalchuk (IR) | Duchene | Benn | Backes | Callahan | Landeskog | E. Staal | J. Staal | Galchenyuk | Gallagher | Silfverberg | Doan
    D: Letang (IR) | Seabrook | Keith | Girardi | Green | Ehrhoff | Ellis | Kulikov | Trouba | Beaulieu | Spurgeon | M. Staal (IR) |
    G: Lundqvist | Fleury

2006: 9th | 2007: 5th | 2008: 5th | 2009: 2nd | 2010: 1st | 2011: 1st |

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree on all the sell-high, buy-low stuff but I'd still give Duchene gladly to aquire Smith.
    Smith's numbers may drop, but they'll remain very solid IMO. So you have yourself a relatively young, unquestioned starter for a defensive team. What's not to like?
    Duchene on the other hand faces competition on both C and LW (Stasny, Landeskog, etc.) so he could end up on the second line. And keep in mind that your league counts many peripheral stats - Duchene isn't exactly a beast there....
    So you'd give a rather one-dimensional potential second liner to aquire an entrenched starting G. Great thing.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...