Thread: Go for a veteran, or Galchenyuk?

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Go for a veteran, or Galchenyuk?

League in sig, and my apologies for the longer explanation.

In my league, we had a team that pulled out during the summer. So we're having a one-round dispersal draft to be held a week before our normal draft.

I will be picking around #6 in the dispersal draft (maybe seventh, depending on the order. I'm waiting on that right now). These are the available players:

Forward: Carter, Tavares, Hossa, Horton, Okposo, J. Staal, Sharp, Weiss, Briere

Defence: Keith, Hedman, Myers, White, Erixon, Cowen

Goalie: Howard, Rask

We can also choose the guy's draft picks for this year. His picks are 5th, 17th, 29th and 41st overall.

Any left over players go back into the regular draft.

So someone else was wondering if I would be willing to trade my dispersal pick in a deal that would get me the #2 pick in the regular draft (If Yakupov goes first, I'll be taking Galchenyuk).

I figure the top six picks in the dispersal draft would be (in no particular order): Tavares, Rask, Howard, first round pick, Staal, and Sharp.

Would I be better off taking a chance on Galchenyuk, or to get an established player like Keith, Okposo or Hossa (or possibly Sharp if there are any surprises in the draft)?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Immortal

Tough call but I think you're in a pretty similar situation as I have been in before.

Given your team... Which is very solid... I would normally say screw the rookies and go for it. But with you keeping 15 (like I do in my league) I think that gives you the flexibility to add and hold onto a guy like Galy. The options are good but not amazing.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd go for the win, and try and land one of Keith or Hossa.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd pass on the trade and pick up the top guy that falls to you, likely Keith, Hossa, Staal or Sharp
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar