Thread: Berglund vs Vrbata vs Williams

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Berglund vs Vrbata vs Williams

Please rank these players for pts only:

Berglund
    Vrbata
    Justin Williams

Thanks
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Expert

Very tough call.

I would initially say all of them would probably be within 5-10 points of each other during the season.

Vrbata probably has the highest potential only because he doesn't have to deal with depth chart issues as much as the other two. In PHX he really only has to compete with Doan and Sullivan for points... With that said, he doesn't have the offensive help as the others...

Berglund probably has the most talent, but he's probably hit by the depth charts the worst. At the end of the day, if you look at the STL depth charts, you have McDonald, Backes, Oshie, Perron, Steen, D'Agostini, Stewart, Langenbrunner, Tarasenko and Schwartz to compete with for points. If he could manage his playoff ice-time (20:08, 3:14), then a 65+ point season could certainly be in store for him, but if it reverts back to what he posted during the regular season (17:57, 2:22), I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a 45 point season from him... So he's completely boom or bust IMO.

Williams is probably the "safest" option, but his upside is limited. The negative is that the Kings are a "defense first" team. They'll win games 1-0, 2-1, so they won't post huge offensive numbers. Also with Kopitar, Brown, Richards, Carter, Penner, Gagne and Stoll, the competition for points is pretty stiff. He'll still get plenty of top line PP time alongside Kops as the chemistry between the two is pretty good, but I think the points will be limited this season.

As I said earlier I think all 3 will be relatively close to each other, so there won't be a huge advantage of 1 player over the others.

My preference would be:
    Vrbata
    Williams
    Berglund
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Veteran

I take Berglund as he's the youngest and least injury prone, and has the highest potential upside.

Berglund
    Vrbata
    Williams
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am going Williams here. He has a proven track history of producing, the only thing he gets hurt. I like him for about 65 this year, 44 based on a 55 game schedule
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk

Dobber Sports Guru

Williams - proven scorer but injury risk
    Berglund - lots of upside but hasn't yet looked like he'll reach it
    Vrbata - solid 50 point guy; last season was probably career year for him so don't expect him to reach those numbers again
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    I take Berglund as he's the youngest and least injury prone, and has the highest potential upside.

Berglund
    Vrbata
    Williams
    I'm with Luffy D here. Williams too injury prone. Don't think Vrbata will repeat with Whitney gone. Berglund has great upside and has strong wingers alongside him.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ace

If you're in contention, I'd grab Williams. If not, roll the dice with Berglund.

Dobber Sports Stud

1. Vrbata - Not sure how he's going to do without Whitney, but he's still amongst the best players on the Coyotes, and will get plenty of time to put up points, as a go to guy. Had the best season last year.

2. Williams - Probably the best option of the three, but has show some injury problems in the past and plays on a very defensive oriented team. Play a full 82 games last year and over 70 the one before, so injuries shouldn't be much of a risk.

3. Berglund - Seems like every year I expect him to explode and he doesn't. After failing to improve on his 52 point putting last year, I find it too hard to justify putting him above Vrbata and Williams. That said he still has the potential to explode for points.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I love how Berglund looked in the playoffs last year. Hitchcock really seemed to have put alot of time in with this guy and really seemed to trust him with big time minutes. I would take the shot and go with Berglund.. Vrbata is a close 2nd..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..