Thread: A team Audit - Salary League

Dobber Sports Ace

Default A team Audit - Salary League

Sinc a new CBA is hopefully just a day away I won't to make sur my team is still heading in the right direction...

We are a cats league with G, A, SOG, PPP, PPG, SHG, SHP, Hats, PIMS, Hits, +/-,GP
    Goalie- GP, W, Sv, SHO, lose points for GA

All stats contribute to a points system and the total decides the winner at the end of the season.

Keeping in mind this is a salary league, the salary cap is he same as the NHLs

Milan Lucic - Evgeni Malkin - Teddy Purcell
    Jussi Jokinen - Mikko Koivu - Mikhail Grabovski
    Sven Beartschi - Derek Stepan - Rich Peverley
    Casey Cizikas - Brandon Dubinsky - Chad Larose

Marc Staal - Filip Kuba
    Alex Edler - Brendan Smith
    Francois Beauchemin - Ryan Suter

Sami Vatanen/Jonas Brodin

Braden Holtby
    Scott Clemmenson

Zach Kassian, Steve Kampfer, Mathieu Perrault

We start 17 plus 1goalie the others mentioned are reserves.
    Other notable prospects include: Grigorenko, J Morrow, Lehner, Nilhstorp, Oleksiak, Peter Holland, Rattie, Sgarbossa, Maroon, radulov

Suter will likely be stuffed in the minors after this season he's not too easily moved tHanks to the contract...

Btw, I still consider myself in rebuild for maybe two more seasons...

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by sasquatch; January 6, 2013 at 1:30 AM.
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Would need a little more info to do anything resembling an audit for you. How many teams in the league? Do you have positional restrictions on your starting skaters and if so what are they? How frequently can you set your roster?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Would need a little more info to do anything resembling an audit for you. How many teams in the league? Do you have positional restrictions on your starting skaters and if so what are they? How frequently can you set your roster?
    True!

Ok, daily lineup changes, 24 team league and no positional restrictions you could field 12 centers if you wanted to.

If you want me to add salaries as well I can...
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Nah the salaries are easy to look at. So seriously you could start 17 forwards any given day and a goalie?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Other than your goaltending, you have a pretty sweet team for a 24 team league. If Holtby grabs the job for the Caps and Lehner moves up to the starting role for the Sens in 2 seasons, I think you will be in great shape with some decent prospects in the incubator.

Really a shame about the contract Suter signed - pretty much makes him useless in this league. I would put him on the trade block with few expectations of anyone biting, but one never knows.

Koivu is going to cost you an extra 2 million next season, if he gets hot I would be trying to move him. A guy like Bobby Ryan might be a target.

Generally you look on track - you seem to have useful players for the most part and a plan to restock your vets at the right time. Same old, same old though - in a rebuild, sell off your middling vets to contenders for useful prospects or picks.

Dobber Sports Ace

oh sorry I thought you meant forwards positional wise, you can field either 13F and 6D or 12F and 7D.

Appreciate the feedback Shoeless!
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah well it's not an audit - that would require taking a look at all the teams in the league and putting everything under a microscope and would take hours upon hours. At a glance, I like your team - you need to be patient to solve your goaltending or you need to spend your way out of it. Either way, I think you will become competitive.