Thread: Havlat: A viable option any more?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Havlat: A viable option any more?

Points only league - is this guy more headache than he's worth? I am not a fan at all, but am open to the fact I may be undervaluing him.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Monster

Loaded question. Have an open spot? Sure he is, can ride your bench and maybe catch one more flash of lightning. If you're needing to drop a player for him, then most likely not. All depends on what your looking for here.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Loaded question. Have an open spot? Sure he is, can ride your bench and maybe catch one more flash of lightning. If you're needing to drop a player for him, then most likely not. All depends on what your looking for here.
    I'm debating taking him in a deal, where I give up a younger guy. Can't get into that too much now, as it is still in process, but basically I am wondering if Havlat can still put up 55-60 points in 60 odd games, assuming that is a full season for him going fwd

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Sage

He's not a pt/game player but if he played a full 82-game season, I would be very surprised if he didn't put up at least 55 pts. I would also be very surprised if he played a full 82 games.

By the way, I am big Havlat fan.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

9 forwards per team, 19 teams is 171 forwards.

The player who finished 171st in points last year was Dave Bolland (37 points in 76 games)
    Havlat had 27 points in 39 games

The player who finished 171st in goals scored was Raffi Torres (15 goals in 79 games)
    Havlat had 7 goals in 39 games

He is always an injury risk but if you are looking for some potential production this year then I think there is a case to be made that he should crack someone's roster. I doubt he hits 55-60 in 60 though (not a .9 to 1.0 point per game guy) and a lot depends on who you have to give up.

Dobber Sports Stud

Havlat is still a very good player when healthy, if he managed to play a full season 60+ points would be my expectations, problem is Havlat is injury prone and not likely to play a full seasons worth of games.

Looking at your roster there's no forward from your team I would trade for Havlat straight up, with this being a 19 team league if Havlat gets hurt the free agents is probably slim picking, which would make the risk of acquiring him not worth it, as he'd only be marginally better than the guys you got even if healthy.

You got a very solid team, I wouldn't want to swap out any of your current players for Havlat, unless it's in a two for two type of trade where your getting the best player in the deal to go along with Havlat.

Dobber Sports Wizard

He did have 3 mostly healthy years in a row before last year....he played 81 games his last year in Chicago, 73 and 78 his two years in Minnesota. And that injury last year was just SO fluky even for a BAB like Havlat I'm actually cautiously optimistic with him.

Talent has never been a problem for Havlat.....I think in 82 games he could score 70+. Even in only 70 games I could still see him cracking 60. 27 points in 39 games last year rates out to 57 in 82 games.....but after he came back from the injury, he had 12 points in 13 games plus another 3 in 5 playoff games. Take out a 9 game stretch in November where he had 1 point, and he had 26 points in the other 30 regular season games he played.

He's a lock for a top 6 spot in San Jose, and that's a pretty cushy position for a player to be in. I can see him scoring at a .80-.90 pace next season, no problem. And with the trend he was setting of staying fairly healthy the last few years, he could be in for a nice season.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like Havlat a lot as well but he is certainly not a ppg guy and he's injury prone. He's the kinda guy that fills out fantasy teams real well though. However, I agree with Essej. I wouldn't drop any of ur forwards for Havlat. You have a solid team. I'd like to see that trade though.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Star

its pretty much fallen through so it doesn't matter now. Was close with a GM who is rebuilding

Was gonna be something like Desharnais/Stepan/Holtby- Iginla/Havlat/Brodeur, with maybe adding Voynov/Whitney

May revisit it when the season gets rolling. Its really only Iggy that I want. Basically taking the hit on Havlat to land Iggy.
    Last edited by loco man; January 5, 2013 at 2:49 PM.

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Stud

Glad the deal fell through for you. I would hate to give up Holtby in a 19 team Dynasty league for Broduer who is at the end of his career with maybe only a couple years left, all the while getting older at forward. Just don't see it as enough of an upgrade. Honestly surprised the owner didn't make the trade, I guess it's tough to give up a big name like Iginla in a 19 team league, when big name players are scarce.

However dropping the goalies from the deal and swapping in the D Voynov from your side and Whitney from his makes the deal extremely more appealing, and one I would absolutely be able to pull off. But it looks as if that is out of the cards.

At the end of the day I think it was best that you didn't give up Holtby.