Thread: Couture for Jaden Schwartz +++ - Multi Cat League

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Couture for Jaden Schwartz +++ - Multi Cat League

30 team dynasty league where you keep players until they become a UFA in the NHL. We use Cap hit along with the NHL salary cap and salary floor. We dress 18 skaters per day. My team is listed below. League uses the following stats for skaters:

G, A, +/-, Hits, Takeaways, Blocked Shots, PP TOI (team rank), PK TOI (team rank)

I am in the middle of negotiating with a guy who is looking to add a scoring winger with some salary to get over the salary floor in our league.

His offer:

I would receive Jaden Schwartz, Duncan Siemens and a 2nd round pick in exchange for Logan Couture.

My offer:

I would receive Jaden Schwartz, one of Roman Josi or Brendan Smith in exchange for Michael Grabner + a 3rd round pick.

Would you consider either of these deals even? Would it make sense for me to trade Couture for Schwartz,Josi or Smith, a 2nd round pick? How about a 1st instead of a 2nd?

My Roster:
    C: P Bergeron, M Hanzal, A Burmistrov, A Desjardins,
    LW: L Couture, M Grabner, P Mueller, D Carcillo, M Olver
    RW: A Hemsky, Ju Williams, D Dorsett, P Kaleta, T Vincour
    D: B Burns, J Boychuk, N Schultz, M Fistric, C Stoner, J Braun, C Tanev
    Prospects:
    C: A Galchenyuk, J Welsh, T Ewanyk, K Roy
    LW: Nick Shore
    RW: Reilly Smith, J Hansen
    D: H Lindholm, A Petrovic, T Fedun, T Cross, K Bigos, B Kichton, P Sieloff, S Gostisbehere

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    30 team dynasty league where you keep players until they become a UFA in the NHL. We use Cap hit along with the NHL salary cap and salary floor. We dress 18 skaters per day. My team is listed below. League uses the following stats for skaters:

G, A, +/-, Hits, Takeaways, Blocked Shots, PP TOI (team rank), PK TOI (team rank)

I am in the middle of negotiating with a guy who is looking to add a scoring winger with some salary to get over the salary floor in our league.

His offer:

I would receive Jaden Schwartz, Duncan Siemens and a 2nd round pick in exchange for Logan Couture.

My offer:

I would receive Jaden Schwartz, one of Roman Josi or Brendan Smith in exchange for Michael Grabner + a 3rd round pick.

Would you consider either of these deals even? Would it make sense for me to trade Couture for Schwartz,Josi or Smith, a 2nd round pick? How about a 1st instead of a 2nd?

My Roster:
    Prospects:
    D: H Lindholm, A Petrovic, T Fedun, T Cross, K Bigos, B Kichton, P Sieloff, S Gostisbehere
    You lose the Couture deal, the Grabner one is a toss up

Dobber Sports Genius

I would certainly want the other GM to take the Grabner deal. The Couture deal though is one I would pass on every time.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    I would certainly want the other GM to take the Grabner deal. The Couture deal though is one I would pass on every time.

I second this. The Couture deal is a loss (although I do love Schwartz..he's just unproven)
    The Grabner deal I would be salivating. I wouldnt move Schwartz alone for Grabner and a pick, let alone adding a B Smith...I doubt there's any way that GM takes that offer, but you never know

Dobber Sports Icon

Thanks for the information. The more I think about it, the more I agree with all of you. I know I don't have the team to compete in the league this season but I am trying to be competitive next year.

Logan Couture for Schwartz + 2013 2nd + Roman Josi or Brendan Smith

My Roster:
    Prospects:

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks for the information. The more I think about it, the more I agree with all of you. I know I don't have the team to compete in the league this season but I am trying to be competitive next year.

My Roster:
    Prospects:

Me personally would do that if I was rebuilding. Smith and schwartz are two prospects I'm high on for sure

Administrator

My Roster:
    Prospects:
    I wouldn't be looking to move Couture. Proven NHL talent, still has a lot more to offer. Yes Schwartz, Josi and Smith are bluechip youngsters but are not proven professionals. Schwartz looks at least a year away from the NHL especially with St. Louis' loaded roster and there are no guarantees he's productive any time soon. Smith or Josi should be NHLers but they also probably won't produce right away.

I'd be asking the world to move Couture. I'm talking a productive established player to help you remain competitive now AND a more substantial assortment of youngsters than what's being offered. Yes, young players are at a premium in cap leagues but the biggest premium should be paid for guys like Couture who are young, cheap AND productive.

Maybe your team isn't ready to compete this year but it won't be ready to compete next year unless you extract players ready to produce for you now out of this deal.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports All-Star

Both offers are garbage. Keep Couture if you can, he won't go for your deal.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Stud

I feel like Couture is your best player, so there's no way I would move him for either offer involving him. I wouldn't even consider moving him, for anything short of overpayment. Couture is your best player and he's young and getting better he's the guy you want to have moving forward.

The Grabner trade I like a lot for you, not sure it's something the other owner would consider, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Dobber Sports Monster

Logan Couture

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Me personally would do that if I was rebuilding. Smith and schwartz are two prospects I'm high on for sure

Edit after re-reading the parameters, what happens when they become a ufa? If you lose them then you keep couture here

Dobber Sports Icon

If they become UFAs in the NHL (ie don't re-sign before their contract expires) , then they become free agents in our league. In addition to the free agency period each summer, we also have a 5 round draft to bring new players (that year's NHL draft class + anyone else not yet in our league) into our league.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Schwartz is also doing terrible in the AHL right now

Dobber Sports Wizard

I would take that Grabner deal in a heartbeat, but I doubt the other manager will go for it. I would just keep Couture in the other deal.....no need to deal him he's not UFA for another 3 years I think. Plus he's your best player and a good piece for your rebuild.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Pro

Keep Couture. That's an incredibly low offer for him.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...