Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My own Deadline

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default My own Deadline

Jan 15th.

After that I'm leaving my keeper league, deleting my account here, and never watching hockey again. Kind of looking forward to it.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Jan 15th.

After that I'm leaving my keeper league, deleting my account here, and never watching hockey again. Kind of looking forward to it.

Sometimes, in life... there's just nobody to throw your poop at.
    Hockey = good. Don't leave man. Be mad, but stay & chat hockey.
    It'll be good again someday.

Administrator

If you love hockey but are leaving out of anger then the joke really is on you. You lose something that you really want over a battle where you are not a factor in its outcome. You can do what you want but if you care enough to write about it on a hockey forum then IMO you will be back.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Jan 15th.

You'll be back.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd estimate that I currently spend almost an hour a day on fantasy hockey.

If I can somehow find a way to make the change and free that time up for more important things, it would be a MAJOR positive change in my life and I'm going to use this opportunity to try and do it.

Agree with your guys points as well, but I'm fed up with this.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Stud

If I can somehow find a way to make the change and free that time up for more important things, it would be a MAJOR positive change in my life and I'm going to use this opportunity to try and do it.
    I find myself in a similar mindset - the problem is I enjoy fantsay hockey and this site to such an extent that even when I focus on those things that are more important (e.g. family, friends, donating some time to a cause) I can still find things that I deem at the time to be less important that I sacrifice (sleep being the primary casualty, meal prep takes a beating too).

If you love it enough, you will always find time for it.

Dobber Sports Master

Jan 15th.

way to go out on a limb with date choice .

Dobber Sports Sophomore

dont get caught up in the swings of this negotiation.
    It will be over one day, even if its not when we all want it to be.
    But when its over, hockey will still be awesome.

Remove yourself from the emotional highs and lows, and just know and understand that what is happening is part of the ugly side of negotiations. Its unfortunate that fans, and die hard fans, get brought along for the ride.

everyday that passes gets us one day closer to the finish line - and although some days feel like they are moving backwards, by definition, everyday is a step closer. unfortunately we have no idea where the end is, so no need to get to worried about it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Jan 15th.

But why you delete your account? Dobber and the forum community are awesome. Leave the rest of hockey if you want but stay man, DobberHockey and its constituents are the ****.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    But why you delete your account? Dobber and the forum community are awesome. Leave the rest of hockey if you want but stay man, DobberHockey and its constituents are the ****.
    True.

Stick to the Lounge. That place has been lively in lockout season. We are always looking for more people to push that train just a bit farther off the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Stick to the Lounge. That place has been lively in lockout season. We are always looking for more people to push that train just a bit farther off the rails.
    Yeah, no doubt!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Jan 15th.

Luff never said what year.........I suspect a 'fine print' cop-out.

I barely watch a game in its entirety anymore until playoffs. Definitely won't be buying tickets for live games, buying Center Ice, or buying merchandise etc anytime soon.

The opinions/discussions on these forums are worth coming back to each week though, whether they are hockey related or miscellaneous topics in the Lounge.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

As much as I want to stick a big FU towards the players and the NHL for doing what they're doing, I will be back watching and supporting my fantasy team and the Avalanche. I look at this as a dark point in this league's history, and something I can tell my kids one day that I experienced no hockey for one (maybe two) entire years!

Fantasy hockey has made me so much more interested in hockey in general, its put me on a level I didn't know existed. Always trying to find the edge to up my opponents, always interested in players playing in Alaska to a rec league in Thailand. It brings me joy, and while it's incredibly difficult to like anything hockey right now, I'll perservere and live with the AHL and Victoria Royals for as long as this stupid thing lasts.

One thing I will say has changed for me is for the first time in my life, I hope the NHL and players suffer for this. Whether thats more empty seats for the first few years or owners losing millions upon millions (like they both are now) I want to see them face consequences. Fans "Rising up" and saying they're going to boycott games is all cute and fun but there will be others to replace them in the rafters, just the way it is (at least for big markets).

Dobber Sports Monster

Agree with your guys points as well, but I'm fed up with this.
    Sounds like it's not really about hockey and or fantasy hockey that is making you think of leaving all these fine people. I will say don't let it all get the best of ya .... if you outside forces or whatever, then that is understood ( been there recently myself) but if its just frusteration over the lockout, just ride it out, you've come this far, this should all be over very soon.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Luff never said what year.........I suspect a 'fine print' cop-out.
    He wrote this post before the Mayan deadline but for some reason didn't create the thread till today. Now he actually has to live up to his words.