Thread: Goaltending in Calgary

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Goaltending in Calgary

Just wanted to hear people's thoughts on the Flames goaltending, specifically in regards to Karri Ramo.

He's been playing in the KHL the last 4 seasons and his numbers are great. I saw him play in Tampa a few years ago as well. With Kiprusoff being 37 to start next season and Ramo coming over to back him up (from what I've heard), do you think Ramo has a shot taking over as the starter in the next couple of seasons?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Irving is having a spectacularly awful year in the AHL, so things are definitely looking up for Ramo.

I just don't see Calgary ever giving the starting job to Karlsson, so it seems likely that Ramo is going to be the guy eventually. Just a question of how long Kiprusoff hangs onto the #1 job. Kipper looks sharp still, so I'd say that Ramo won't be the starter before Kipper's contract expires after 2013-14, unless Ramo just straight outplays him, which is unlikely since Kiprusoff likes playing 70+ games a season, which makes it tough for Ramo to get a proper "audition" without Kiprusoff getting hurt.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!