Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tuomo Ruutu Out "Months"

Dobber Sports Icon

Owned Ruutu in two leagues. A keeper league that I was surprised to find Cam Atkinson still available in, so I snagged him because I have lots of dual eligibility forwards anyway.

Also owned him in the Rocky Horror Roto Show with my fellow dobberites. Picked up Chimera who posted pretty similar stats last year, lets hope he pulls it off again.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Deep leagues or multi-cat pools. Ruutu was a beast in any league that had hits.

In any case, this is also a huge blow to the Hurricanes' hopes of contending this year.
    yeah I owned him in just such a league and he was definitely valuable in H2H format simply because he would get 3-4 hits a game consistently so it didn't matter as much that he wasn't a big scorer

Dobber Sports Guru

@Nichols_NHLPool
    Tuomo Ruutu could be cleared for practice Friday. From there, #Canes feels it wouldn't take him too long to get into lineup. Via @ice_chip
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ruutu (hip) could find himself skating on the Hurricanes' second line as early as Monday against the Rangers, the Raleigh News & Observer reports. "We need to see where [Ruutu] is at," coach Kirk Muller said. "If he comes back and he's playing at the level he's capable of, initially [the second line] is where you have him penciled in."

Recommendation: Ruutu, who hasn't played a game for the 'Canes in almost a year, was at Thursday's morning skate and took part in a full practice Friday. He then travelled with his teammates for Saturday's game against Tampa Bay, and although he did not play, Muller didn't rule him out for Monday's game against the Rangers. A second line consisting of Jeff-Skinner, Jordan Staal and Ruutu looks awfully good on paper, so monitor his status closely and be ready to act once he finally gets the green light to return.

(Rotowire.com)