Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need some advices

Dobber Sports Genius

Nice inputs guys thanks!

I've made a move today....drop Rielly and grab Doughty....now I have 0,022M of cap space but I think I can do better with my forwards....

Any thoughts regarding Atkinson should I keep him? I just think he is a sleeper right now....as of your comments I should drop Nash or Heatley for better ratio pts/$spent? I've already tried to trade Nash but his salary is blocking trades....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Demi-God

While Rinne is a consistent goalie with lots of starts, he is not super special in this kind of points league - I think Lindback or Varlamov or maybe Holtby will be within 10 points of him. That's a lot of cash that you could spend on a guy like Vanek or whoever that will score buckets more than Strome this season.

Dobber Sports Genius

Agree for Vanek vs Strome, but for Rinne, this guy has been the best pts producer among G in our league with 104 pts....you really think Lindback, Holtby or Varly could reach this mark or close to?

I think Lindback and Holtby will split duties with their backups....

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    Agree for Vanek vs Strome, but for Rinne, this guy has been the best pts producer among G in our league with 104 pts....you really think Lindback, Holtby or Varly could reach this mark or close to?

I think Lindback and Holtby will split duties with their backups....
    Do you really think Rinne will see 104 points again in your league?

Tampa Bay went after Lindback to solve their goalie woes and he is that good - I would be very surprised if he was any farther back than 10 points from Rinne in the next full season - so is 5.5 million cap space worth the extra 10 points? I think not.
    Last edited by Shoeless; January 3, 2013 at 4:16 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Do you really think Rinne will see 104 points again in your league?

Tampa Bay went after Lindback to solve their goalie woes and he is that good - I would be very surprised if he was any farther back than 10 points from Rinne in the next full season - so is 5.5 million cap space worth the extra 10 points? I think not.
    I think in a full season Rinne can hit those type of fantasy points again in this league set up.

Lindback is a good goalie, I think that he'll make Tampa better, but I don't seem him working a heavy work load, hurting his value tremendously. If there's a goalie free agent worth pursuing it would be Varlamov.

In this league Rinne looks to be an 90-110 point type of guy, who porbably won't fall below 80. Lindback carries too much uncertainty. Varlamov could put big points, but has a lower ceiling for points as well as having a greater potential for less points.

Although the idea of trading in Strome for Vanek is extremely nice.

If there's a way to make room for a good roster player without giving up on Rinne that's what I'd do. If not I'd take the pair of Vanek and Varlamov over that of Rinne and Strome.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Essej View Post
    I think in a full season Rinne can hit those type of fantasy points again in this league set up.

Lindback is a good goalie, I think that he'll make Tampa better, but I don't seem him working a heavy work load, hurting his value tremendously. If there's a goalie free agent worth pursuing it would be Varlamov.

In this league Rinne looks to be an 90-110 point type of guy, who porbably won't fall below 80. Lindback carries too much uncertainty. Varlamov could put big points, but has a lower ceiling for points as well as having a greater potential for less points.

Although the idea of trading in Strome for Vanek is extremely nice.

If there's a way to make room for a good roster player without giving up on Rinne that's what I'd do. If not I'd take the pair of Vanek and Varlamov over that of Rinne and Strome.
    Your assessment may be correct EsseJ - I guess the real point here is that icing the most productive fantasy team for the money available doesn't always mean hanging onto the best player.

Varlamov is probably the smart conservative choice here even though his salary is 1.6 million higher than Lindback's and 1.8 higher next season. I personally would roll the dice on Lindback - he came off strong in Finland with a 2.33 gaa and .930 sv% on absolutely the worst team in the league.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I liked Shoeless advice in this thread.
    I'd keep discounted salary players on D & G... keep your big dollar forwards.

Nice team in SIG now.

Dobber Sports Stud

I defiantly like the idea of keeping discounted salary platers on D and in net, and keeping the big dollars for the forwards, it's just in this situation I don't see how it fits.

I like Lindback a lot, but I don't know how he will be able to hold up getting significantly more games than he did in Nashville. I also feel like Garon is a solid number two, and should be good if they split the starts evenly, which would of course hurt Lindback's value. If the risk pays off it would be awesome, I just thing there's a bit too much risk here to make it worth while.

If you drop Rinne you might not be able to get him back, if you stand pat for the time being, I feel like Lindback could still be a free agent, giving you time to address the situation during the season. Not sure how long Varlamov will last on free agents though, and he's a guy I'd be much more inclined to pick up.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Essej View Post
    I defiantly like the idea of keeping discounted salary platers on D and in net, and keeping the big dollars for the forwards, it's just in this situation I don't see how it fits.

I like Lindback a lot, but I don't know how he will be able to hold up getting significantly more games than he did in Nashville. I also feel like Garon is a solid number two, and should be good if they split the starts evenly, which would of course hurt Lindback's value. If the risk pays off it would be awesome, I just thing there's a bit too much risk here to make it worth while.

If you drop Rinne you might not be able to get him back, if you stand pat for the time being, I feel like Lindback could still be a free agent, giving you time to address the situation during the season. Not sure how long Varlamov will last on free agents though, and he's a guy I'd be much more inclined to pick up.
    If Stevie Y is willing to gamble on a franchise goalie by paying 2 2nd rounders and a 3rd rounder, I figure I can, EsseJ - Garon is a solid backup nothing more in that system - Lindback will get lots of work. However, I think you make a very good point here and that is one of timing. Rinne has to have trade value in this league and I suspect the same as you that Lindback will be on the wire still once hockey resumes and probably Vanek for that matter, so sure, hang on to Rinne for now, but dangle him for draft picks or a salary cap fitting upgrade.

Dobber Sports Genius

Ok guys, so I grabed Vrbata on the waivers and I droped Heater. I have now 3M cap space. I'm waiting for answers from couple of GM for trade proposal involving Strome...

I think I will be patient with Nash and see what he can do in NY but I will surely move Strome one way or the other.

In my league, considering that we can keep all our players, would you rather prefer long term contracts not so high like Hudler or Versteeg OR give a go to a contract year player like Roy or Berglund?

Dobber Sports Genius

So, I had a deal for Strome, it ended up like this:

Give:

Staal
    Strome

Get:

Sharp
    Hodgson

Now I have 1.6M cap space and I offered Hodgson to another GM straight up for Stepan...Still waiting for an answer for this one....