Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weber or Doughty

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Weber or Doughty

My gut is Weber's numbers this year will suck...except hits and BS. Doughty on the other hand will bounce back BIG TIME with contract squared away and his litigation issues also behind him... team is so much stronger in front of him too.

Please chime in... and quickly... I am thinking of swapping straight-up, but trade only possible before a season cancellation is declared.

Keep in mind +/-, Hits, PIM, BS are at play here.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Monster

Points will be close between the two but I like Doughty better. I like Weber with Hits / Bks better than Doughty. They both get their share of PIMS, maybe Doughy with the edge on Pims.

Weber advantage: Hits / Bks

Doughty Advantage: Points / Pims +/-

Drew Doughty

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Points will be close between the two but I like Doughty better. I like Weber with Hits / Bks better than Doughty. They both get their share of PIMS, maybe Doughy with the edge on Pims.

Weber advantage: Hits / Bks

Doughty Advantage: Points / Pims +/-

Drew Doughty
    Nice breakdown here. Can't go too wrong with either IMO. Love both. Doughty just that little extra more....
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ace

Looking at your sig, I'm guessing you will be keeping Karlsson over both of them. If that the case, I would go with Weber since Weber and Karlsson will give you a better balance in your roto stats than Doughty and Karlsson.

However, just throwing this out there, I would throw Karlsson into the mix to see if you get Doughty + cause personally, I like Doughty or Weber in your format over Karlsson.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Flex View Post
    Looking at your sig, I'm guessing you will be keeping Karlsson over both of them. If that the case, I would go with Weber since Weber and Karlsson will give you a better balance in your roto stats than Doughty and Karlsson.

However, just throwing this out there, I would throw Karlsson into the mix to see if you get Doughty + cause personally, I like Doughty or Weber in your format over Karlsson.
    Karlsson isin't too shabby in these CATS: G,A,+/-, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG.....I'd be keeping Karlsson here.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Karlsson isin't too shabby in these CATS: G,A,+/-, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG.....I'd be keeping Karlsson here.
    Depends how you feel about Karlsson. If you see him as a perennial 75 pt Dman, then he is a keeper. But IMO, I feel that Doughty and Weber will be comparable to Karlsson in those CATS, but will blow Karlsson away in Hits and BS. Cash in now with Karlsson.

Again it's just my opinion.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

Dobber Sports Ace

Interesting idea with Karlsson... hadn't considered moving him because of what it took t get him after I had him originally and lost him because I underestimated my competition... it burned me up for several months... until I finally overpaid and got him back.

I would love to have Weber and Doughty in my format...
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Flex View Post
    Depends how you feel about Karlsson. If you see him as a perennial 75 pt Dman, then he is a keeper. But IMO, I feel that Doughty and Weber will be comparable to Karlsson in those CATS, but will blow Karlsson away in Hits and BS. Cash in now with Karlsson.

Again it's just my opinion.
    Just saying Karlsson's not a total wash in one of those two cats. Was 6th in team blocks last year with 70; 25 behind Doughty's 95. Weber would dominate him in those two cats, I agree. To each his own I guess. My two cents.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Something I always do when arguing with myself over two players is the team the player plays on and what kinda style they play. In this case both teams are known as defensive (Thanks to Trotz and Sutter) but you'd be thtupid to not see the Kings are much more loaded with offensive talent and he's the number one guy on the blueline. Someone made a good point above in that last year he had no training camp, was arguing over money and had legal issues so he's definitely ready to get back to the ol Drew.

Drew Doughty for me (I've owned both by the way)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Just saying Karlsson's not a total wash in one of those two cats. Was 6th in team blocks last year with 70; 25 behind Doughty's 95. Weber would dominate him in those two cats, I agree. To each his own I guess. My two cents.
    I don't think I'm moving Karlsson... mostly because our league Dmen have bonus scoring:

Dmen get 4 points per G and A.
    Centers get 3 points per G and 2.25 per A.
    Wings get 3.5 per G and 2 per A.

I also think this is the reason I might be thinking Doughty is a tad more valuable than Weber... at least for the next season or two anyway.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    I don't think I'm moving Karlsson... mostly because our league Dmen have bonus scoring:

I also think this is the reason I might be thinking Doughty is a tad more valuable than Weber... at least for the next season or two anyway.

The specifics of the bonus for D-man is a huge factor. Doughty for sure over Weber.

Dobber Sports Ace

Here's his team...

C Giroux
    D Backes
    M Duchene (R)
    V Lecavalier (R)

A Semin
    L Eriksson
    R Nash
    T Hall
    J Carter (R)
    M Gaborik (I)

D Kulikov
    D Doughty
    J Garrison
    P.K. Subban
    J Faulk (R)
    N Leddy (R)

J Hiller
    M-Andre Fleury
    O Pavelec (R)

Maybe I can package Weber and a "X" for Doughty and an upgrade at Center...

Any thoughts?

I do like my Toews and Kesler in my format... both beasts with FOWs and Kesler's grit will be back to normal with his extended rest/recovery... his agent was just helping him continue getting paychecks - I don't doubt this at all.

But maybe I can move Koivu or Ott and get Duchene... Duchene comes with no grit and not enough FOWs though...unless I am mistaken.

Dobber Sports Stud

Doughty all day, every day. The potential that Doughty has over Weber from a single season points outburst is too great too overlook, especially in a league where d points are weighted most heavily.

At center I like Toews as your keeper, and would prefer him over anything the Doughty would give up (Giroux). If you want to upgrade at center you would have to look to a different owner. Although if your willing to move Karlsson that could potentially open up the door to get Giroux from him.

I would look to find a keeper goalie upgrade. In a 10 team league you would probably have a good shot at getting said upgrade in net.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    So, this is a H2H points league? You should make that clear in your signature. And especially since you have peripherals, it would be useful to know how the scoring values affect those players, in terms of total fantasy points (per season and/or per game).

Dobber Sports Sage

Doughty wins the Norris and the Heart trophy this year. He is the most skilled overall player in the NHL on the backend and this is the half season he comes out and proves it...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.