Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Weber or Doughty

Dobber Sports Ace

For me I think it comes down to whether or not Weber will be able to produce at the 50 point level anymore... at least as long as he is with Nashville.

And then of course will Nashville be trying to move Weber next year?

Does anyone remember what the 2008 Nashville roster looked like off hand? Weber was a demon that year with 23 goals and 30 assists... I don't think Suter was the reason for that awesomeness.

A new wrinkle as well... the Letang owner might swap me for Weber... so now who do I want:

Weber, Doughty or Letang.

Any one of these could lead all Dmen in fantasy points... Letang BAB status scares me though.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    For me I think it comes down to whether or not Weber will be able to produce at the 50 point level anymore... at least as long as he is with Nashville.

And then of course will Nashville be trying to move Weber next year?

Does anyone remember what the 2008 Nashville roster looked like off hand? Weber was a demon that year with 23 goals and 30 assists... I don't think Suter was the reason for that awesomeness.

A new wrinkle as well... the Letang owner might swap me for Weber... so now who do I want:

Weber, Doughty or Letang.

Any one of these could lead all Dmen in fantasy points... Letang BAB status scares me though.
    As long as you have IR slots then I wouldn't concern myself too much about an injury. Plus, since it's a H2H league, as long as you can make the playoffs all you need is for your team to be healthy at that time. Season totals don't mean anything in a H2H league, as long as they are consistent producers to keep your team competitive for the playoffs.

With that being said, I would pick Letang over both given his potential to put up massive offensive numbers on that team, and he's pretty good in the peripheral department as well. So could Doughty but with LA being successful as more defensive minded it might limit him, at least from an elite potential point of view. Weber is a bit of a toss up depending on what he could do going forward, but his peripherals keep him up there. In a H2H league, I'd go for the risk (if it really is risk) and pick Letang. That's just me though.
    Last edited by horrorfan; January 4, 2013 at 3:36 PM.