Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yakupov vs Galchenyuk

Dobber Sports Stud

Yakupov. If postions matter FOWs shouldn't be much a part of consideration when the players play different positions, unless there's dual eligiblilty to be had, and even then I would still take Yakupov as of right now.

Dobber Sports Sage

This isn't even a real question in my mind as of right now. Yakupov is on another level in almost any format, for potental
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    This isn't even a real question in my mind as of right now. Yakupov is on another level in almost any format, for potental
    I don't see why people keep saying that. How is Yakupov on another level? They were separated by only 2 spots in last year's draft and Galchenyuk only had played a few games all year. He's got just as much potential than Yakupov in my mind.

To me, until we've seen them play in the NHL, they're a virtual toss-up. You can analyze their junior careers, their size, their skills, their team depth chart, etc. But in the end, this question has no true answer.

Go with your gut on this one. If you like Yakupov, go with him. If you have a feeling Galchenyuk will be better, then choose him.

There is absolutely no clear answer.

Dobber Sports Legend

Yapukov will be playing with RNH, Eberle, Hall, Schultz, Whitney, etc. Galchenyuk? Subban, MaxPac and mostly Hab filler. Yakupov is the pick for sure.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Yapukov will be playing with RNH, Eberle, Hall, Schultz, Whitney, etc. Galchenyuk? Subban, MaxPac and mostly Hab filler. Yakupov is the pick for sure.
    your logic is flawed, there is only one puck to pass around. there are pros and cons to playing with a bunch of good players.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    your logic is flawed, there is only one puck to pass around. there are pros and cons to playing with a bunch of good players.
    I don't think in this case when the Oilers will be putting up massive numbers and killing it on the PP. Who was the last Hab forward to put up sick offensive numbers? It's been forever. This is a classic golden situation vs. so-so situation IMO.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I don't think in this case when the Oilers will be putting up massive numbers and killing it on the PP. Who was the last Hab forward to put up sick offensive numbers? It's been forever. This is a classic golden situation vs. so-so situation IMO.
    Who's the last Oiler to put up sick offensive numbers? You have to go back to 05-06 and Ales Hemsky' 77-point season to witness a better performance than what Eberle did last year. Alex Kovalev recorded 84 points for the Habs in 06-07 and Max Pacioretty 65 points last year and with one of the league's worst PP are not shabby.

And by the way, the Habs will have an equal opportunity to 'kill it on the PP'. It's not because the Oilers were great last year that they'll be great this year. The Habs had a top 10 PP for 7 years running before last year's debacle. Edmonton' PP was 28th two years ago before becoming the 3rd best in the NHL last year. Let's wait for them to repeat before assuming they will.

I'm not saying 'pick Galchenyuk' but I think you have to be close-minded to think this is an obvious clear choice.
    Last edited by niconasr; January 4, 2013 at 2:31 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Who's the last Oiler to put up sick offensive numbers? You have to go back to 05-06 and Ales Hemsky' 77-point season to witness a better performance than what Eberle did last year. Alex Kovalev recorded 84 points for the Habs in 06-07 and Max Pacioretty 65 points last year and with one of the league's worst PP are not shabby.

And by the way, the Habs will have an equal opportunity to 'kill it on the PP'. It's not because the Oilers were great last year that they'll be great this year. The Habs had a top 10 PP for 7 years running before last year's debacle. Edmonton' PP was 28th two years ago before becoming the 3rd best in the NHL last year. Let's wait for them to repeat before assuming they will.

I'm not saying 'pick Galchenyuk' but I think you have to be close-minded to think this is an obvious clear choice.
    Right now it's not about deciding on a clear winner. They're prospects. All we can really do is play the odds as well as possible and I would certainly put those odds in Yakupov's favor.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Right now it's not about deciding on a clear winner. They're prospects. All we can really do is play the odds as well as possible and I would certainly put those odds in Yakupov's favor.
    I'm not against picking Yakupov, I'm just surprised to see so many people dismiss this question as if the answer is so clear, that's all.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    I'm not against picking Yakupov, I'm just surprised to see so many people dismiss this question as if the answer is so clear, that's all.
    That is because Yakupov is a class above as a prospect. That doesn't mean he will be a better NHL player though. There has not been a clear-cut winner between Malkin and Ovechkin and we're eight years past their draft day. Ovechkin was the better prospect though.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

You can't not take advantage of the fact that Yak was taken #1. It's senseless to move the #1 pick for the #3. Get something else out of it. I'm not even getting into who's the better player; we simply don't know yet. Use the fact Yak was the higher pick to your advantage.