Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Markstrom is heating up

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Markstrom is heating up

Markstrom has had a couple great games latly. Named palyer of the week...

Tonight he made 49 save on 51 shots!

Cant wait to see him with the panthers!

How many games do you think he should play if we have a 41/42 game season?

Dobber Sports Veteran

If we see a 45 game season, I'd figure on him getting in maybe 15 to 20 starts. It will partially depend on whether or not they have a chance at the playoffs though. If they stink it up early on, he could end up with 20 to 25.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The biggest problem for Markstrom so far in the AHL, aside from injuries, has been consistency. No one has any doubts about his ability to pull off two or three awesome starts, but ten in a row? That's a rarer feat for him. When he gets consistent we can start talking about starting for Florida.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    The biggest problem for Markstrom so far in the AHL, aside from injuries, has been consistency. No one has any doubts about his ability to pull off two or three awesome starts, but ten in a row? That's a rarer feat for him. When he gets consistent we can start talking about starting for Florida.

B-I-N-G-O! The guy is an attractive prospect. He still has some ways to go.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Genius

The consistency will come with time. Besides, don't they still have Clemmenson and Theodore signed for this season? He'll only come up if he can get consistent starts. No need to rush him. He should be the 1b starter next year with a chance of taking the 1a depending on who they bring in or back.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Stud

So long as Theodore and Clemmenson are both healthy I don't expect Markstrom to get many games if any at all. However if one of Theodore or Clemmenson get injured, I would expect Markstrom to get big share of the load.

I think Markstrom is another year or two away from being a big time fantasy goalie.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Essej View Post
    So long as Theodore and Clemmenson are both healthy I don't expect Markstrom to get many games if any at all. However if one of Theodore or Clemmenson get injured, I would expect Markstrom to get big share of the load.

I think Markstrom is another year or two away from being a big time fantasy goalie.
    Agree. He'll probably atleast spend most if not all this season on the farm.
    May get a cup of coffee near the end(or ofcourse injury) depending on situation

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It was decided in the summer he would spend the full season at San Antonio (barring unforseen cirrcumstances) to play in as many games as he could while healthy...

Marksrtrom has actually been on fire since after his 7th game of the season...

in his last 15 games he is 2.40 with a .930 (estimated #s cause I dont care to work it out) while going 7-6-2 on a poor San Antonio team...

Markstrom should move into a Starting gig in Florida next year... no matter who is on the roster with him (excluding say Luongo)...

If you can, be a slimy manager and try and use Markstrom's unimpressive stats to pull him out of other managers in trades, ASAP for next season...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I've been following Markstrom since he came over from Europe and started for the Crunch. I've noticed that he's a bit of a slow starter. He was dominant before he had his knee injury and it may have contributed to his slow start with the Phantoms. Also doesn't help that Dov was playing lightsout to start the season which made it hard for Markstrom to get starts. This kid is NHL ready imo, you could say he lacks consistency but I think it's more a fact that he hasn't played for a good team during his minor league career. One of Theo or Clemm will not be back next year.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by aleco83 View Post
    I've been following Markstrom since he came over from Europe and started for the Crunch. I've noticed that he's a bit of a slow starter. He was dominant before he had his knee injury and it may have contributed to his slow start with the Phantoms. Also doesn't help that Dov was playing lightsout to start the season which made it hard for Markstrom to get starts. This kid is NHL ready imo, you could say he lacks consistency but I think it's more a fact that he hasn't played for a good team during his minor league career. One of Theo or Clemm will not be back next year.
    Ummmm... who exactly have you been watching? Cause you havent been watching that 'closely'!

Markstrom has never played for the (Syracuse) Crunch or (Philadelphia/Adirondack) Phantoms!?!?

He's been on the Rochester Americans and San Antonio Rampage....
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Banks View Post
    Ummmm... who exactly have you been watching? Cause you havent been watching that 'closely'!

Markstrom has never played for the (Syracuse) Crunch or (Philadelphia/Adirondack) Phantoms!?!?

He's been on the Rochester Americans and San Antonio Rampage....
    I loved Markstrom when he played for the Ice Hogs and Marlies, but he was at his best playing for the Griffins.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    I loved Markstrom when he played for the Ice Hogs and Marlies, but he was at his best playing for the Griffins.
    His best year in his career was playing for the North Bay Centenials... then playing the WJC for Japan!
    Current Roster:

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wow, you guys couldn't be more wrong.. Wasn't he the goalie for the Mighty Ducks in the movie: The Mighty Ducks??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Wow, you guys couldn't be more wrong.. Wasn't he the goalie for the Mighty Ducks in the movie: The Mighty Ducks??
    You mean the stand in for Shaun Weiss (Greg Goldbeg)?... lol
    Current Roster:

Dobber Sports Wizard

He was Team USA's goalie for the miracle on ice, wasn't he?
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar