Thread: Stanton Trade Thoughts

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Stanton Trade Thoughts

Marlins ownership is lousy. They do some weird things, could they actually deal Stanton now rather than later? At some point he will no longer be a Marlin. For now though he is under team control until 2016.

Assistant GM Dan Jennings said Sunday that while the Marlins will listen to offers for Giancarlo Stanton, they are "not shopping him and don't want to move him."
    Not surprisingly, a host of clubs have called the payroll-shedding Marlins to gauge Stanton's availability, but a trade involving the supremely talented young outfielder is extremely unlikely. Stanton isn't eligible for arbitration until next offseason and is under team control through 2016, so he's exactly the kind of player the Marlins want to be building around.
    Source: Jim Bowden on Twitter
    Dec 30 - 10:50 AM

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I just don't see a trade happening right now unless one particular team is willing to give up five or six top of the line prospects to get Stanton.

He's still incredibly young and his value is sky high.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Monster

I totally agree Mac,

But why not get this all over with now. They will never give Stanton the money he'll warrant down the line and the Marlins ownership group has already pissed off the fan base, so why do it again in 2 years or whatever. Just as well move him now, his value is insane right now and can get a ton in return. I know they won't. Just saying though, they should just gut the house this year and completely move forward.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    I totally agree Mac,

But why not get this all over with now. They will never give Stanton the money he'll warrant down the line and the Marlins ownership group has already pissed off the fan base, so why do it again in 2 years or whatever. Just as well move him now, his value is insane right now and can get a ton in return. I know they won't. Just saying though, they should just gut the house this year and completely move forward.
    Yeah the front office is such a joke, I have a feeling Loria has a stranglehold on the GM though. He planned all this out, he pretty much spent so that he could get a new ballpark and the taxpayers behind him, then dumped all his big contracts during the off-season.

He doesn't care about baseball, all he cares about is money. He calls himself an art collector, but he really behaves like a mobster.

You're right though, everyone knows he's not staying with that team. I mean which teams would you say have those kind of assets? St. Louis or Texas maybe?
    Last edited by dmvincent; December 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Yeah the front office is such a joke, I have a feeling Loria has a stranglehold on the GM though. He planned all this out, he pretty much spent so that he could get a new ballpark and the taxpayers behind him, then dumped all his big contracts during the off-season.

He doesn't care about baseball, all he cares about is money. He calls himself an art collectors, but he really behaves like a mobster.

You're right though, everyone knows he's not staying with that team. I mean which teams would you say have those kind of assets? St. Louis or Texas maybe?
    Cubs

Move Soler, Baez, Jackson and Almora. HUGE.... and Cubs feature Rizzo, Castro and Stanton for years to come

Hopeful thinking I know.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Cubs

Move Soler, Baez, Jackson and Almora. HUGE.... and Cubs feature Rizzo, Castro and Stanton for years to come

Hopeful thinking I know.
    I can dream too...Stanton to Boston for Barnes, Bradley Jr. and Bogaerts.

Dobber Sports Deity

The Marlins are facing a bit of a dilemma here. Stanton is obviously not happy after the moves made this summer. Is that going to affect his production going forward in a Marlins uniform? Its obvious that he is there best player now but can they keep him happy?

Personally, I dont see them moving him unless the return is silly. Hey, the Jays still have a lot in their cupboards. Maybe they should take another crack!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Seattle was asking about him. The Marlins have gotten so bad that I would prefer he ended up on Seattle.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom