Landeskog (14.04)
    Seguin (10.06)
    Fleury (20.05)
    Shattenkirk (10.17)

In:

Rinne (29.65)
    Kovalchuk (15.21)
    Nikitin (2.11)

current keepers are Malkin, Tavares, Bergeron, Neal, Seguin, Brown, Landeskog, Fleury without the trade.

with the trade my keepers would look like this...

C- Malkin Tavares Bergeron
    LW- Kovalchuk, Brown
    RW- Neal, Callahan
    G- Rinne

im improving my tending and one lw slot upgraded slightly, but i keep a more safe and productive keeper in callahan over seguin. Still a ton to give up but elite tendys are so hard to get in this league, since we can only keep one. shattenkirk is not a keeper, and his loss will allow me to add a third tendy i have fleury and lehner right now, many good back ups and fringe starters remain available on the wire. Seguin only got 10 pts or so with the season he had and great plus minus to boot, so i would say his upside in this setup would be 14 pts... well callahan in a good year put up 14.65, so if he regresses on avg he should get 13.5 without much trouble imo.
    Last edited by Kwazzie; December 29, 2012 at 4:48 AM.
    12 team h2h keep 5 + 1 goalie
    *2012-2013 & 2013-2014 Champ
    G A PIM +/- hits SOG PPP
    c-Tavares, Mackinnon Eichel
    rw-Seguin, Tarasenko
    d-Josi
    g-Schneider

Dobber Sports Prodigy

When i saw this Trade, I had to ask myself "would I do this?", and the answer is no. I dont like the shatts or seguin part.

Kovy is a great player, and he is an asset to any team, so I can see why you would want him

personally i would have tried Bergeron and brown for example. And yes, brown is a great player in this format, which makes him an ideal candidate to trade to acquire kovy. The way i see this Trade is Fleury and shattz for rinne and niktin then landeskog and seguin for kovy.

Jus sux u lost seguin is all, but in order to win gotta try and hit the homerun.

The Wolverine

Is this a H2H points league? That is, individual categories aren't as important, rather it's the total points on your starting roster is matched against an opponent on a weekly basis? Can you also clarify how those numbers are determined?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

@ horrorfan

we have yet to play a season yet, espn ranks them all with numbers reflecting their value across the board. each category is weighted equally with 16 cats in total.

6 goalie cats, 10 for forwards.

@ LeafNation

Main target is rinne in the deal, brown has 15.65 as his pts score making him equal to kovy, whereas landeskog has room to grow, but many are predicting brown to marginally improve as well. bergeron is my 2nd best forward (19.17 pts) tavares ranks in at 13.5. so as you can see in this league multi cat reigns supreme. stammer only has 18pts.

just some references i figured i could toss out there. callahan + neal are the best 2 rw in the league, brown and kovy are top 5.

rinne quick lundqvist and smith are the only tendys to score 29 or better in the league, most came in around fleury (who ranks 16th).
    G A PIM +/- hits SOG PPP
    rw-Seguin, Tarasenko
    d-Josi
    g-Schneider

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

* udpated
    the trade ended up being

shattenkirk/seguin/fleury

for

rinne/carlson

i then picked up nabokov off of ww to give me lehner rinne and him as my goalies. bernier, neuvrith, and reimer are also available if anyone thinks im better off picking them up over nabby. i think i overpaid a little but there was no way i could even get rask for something similar, so it may have had to be done. shattenkirk was not a keeper for me and would be lost eventually, and carlson i think is a darkhorse to match shatty's production, or close to it anyways. losing seguin hurt but having 3 rw's technically more valuable in this format (in a start 3 rw league) along with tarasenko on the bench ease that loss. kept landeskog as well so my keepers are now:

C-Malkin/Tavares/Bergeron
    LW-Landeskog/Brown
    RW-Neal/Callahan
    G-Rinne

no team has an elite tendy and forward ala malkin, giroux, etc so i dont think it is farfetched to say out of the 16 teams i may have the best set of keepers now. ideally i would have dealt callahan over seguin but he would not do that deal. Also this trade allowed me to be competitive still without dropping any players to pick up a third goalie.

the offer that i got before this one was kovalchuk + rinne for seguin + landeskog + fleury
    Last edited by Kwazzie; December 29, 2012 at 9:28 PM.
    G A PIM +/- hits SOG PPP
    rw-Seguin, Tarasenko
    d-Josi
    g-Schneider