Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NHL needs "a new move or idea"

I...am your father.

Default NHL needs "a new move or idea"

"It would take "a new move or idea" for NHL talks to re-start, league says. At the moment nothing planned." - Helene Elliott via Twitter

What a bunch of dicks. Honestly?

Here's my new move: a fist flying through the air.

Here's my new idea: that fist hitting your face.

Stop counting your money and get to the F'n table. Honestly, this posturing to come out ahead on that final inch that needs to be negotiated is pointless. It's a pissing contest now. The owners get what they want, and if they have to wait three years before the CBA gets to that point where they're happy, so be it. Take it and run. And Fehr - if you truly are "very close" then just take the owners deal as is. Either it's "very close" or it's not. Don't piss away an entire season of player salary because you want to draw the line at "very close".
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

It's not down to the wire time yet Dobber. Everyone knows Fehr is waiting for the last possible minute to swing for the fences. Everyone, including the owners.

I agree with your setiments, but I dont forsee anything happening for another week, then all hell will break loose.

Wait for it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It's not down to the wire time yet Dobber. Everyone knows Fehr is waiting for the last possible minute to swing for the fences. Everyone, including the owners.

I agree with your setiments, but I dont forsee anything happening for another week, then all hell will break loose.

Wait for it.
    I agree somewhere between Jan 2nd/3rd and Jan 9th/10th, we should see some serious work from both sides. Let's just hope that they'll have enough time to hammer out and reach consensus on the fine details.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Genius

January 3rd is my birthday. I kind of like the idea of it getting done then, but then again, it also kind of dampers my birthday because of all the drama that's led up to this.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    January 3rd is my birthday. I kind of like the idea of it getting done then, but then again, it also kind of dampers my birthday because of all the drama that's led up to this.
    Get in touch with Fehr and Bettman and let them know it's your birthday. Tell them what you want from them for a bday gift!
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Wait for it.
    What he said.
    I've now ignore all the "they talked, no meetings scheduled today" shennigans that quite literally comes out everyday and have learned to go with the flow and expect shit to hit the fan early January, good or bad. Everyone keeps saying "surely they're not THAT stupid and stubborn to cancel another year"...but they have done it once, they'll do it again.

My fear is the players are getting bad advice from the Fehr's, saying the best offer has yet to come from the owners and they won't axe the season again. The owners don't bluff!

Dobber Sports Stud

i hope the season never starts. the nhlpa needs to understand the owners 'hold the hammer'. the nhl has been very clear 'take it or leave it'.

owners own the team and give an outlet for pro hockey players to make $$. if the players dont like it than screw off to switzerland

the fact nhlers are playing in europe is a joke. the owners know this and are more than happy to not lose money

this is and always has been about the players greed. the owners if they want should be able to set new parameters every bargaining agreement

the truth is and it was stated before....."players are just cattle"

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 9601 View Post
    What he said.
    I've now ignore all the "they talked, no meetings scheduled today" shennigans that quite literally comes out everyday and have learned to go with the flow and expect shit to hit the fan early January, good or bad. Everyone keeps saying "surely they're not THAT stupid and stubborn to cancel another year"...but they have done it once, they'll do it again.

My fear is the players are getting bad advice from the Fehr's, saying the best offer has yet to come from the owners and they won't axe the season again. The owners don't bluff!
    donny F has his blinders on

NO ONE gives a rats ass about minor league pro sport hockey in MOST of the US citys/states

as much as i like hockey. NHL pro athletes are 2nd rate compared to MLBers NFLers or NBAers.

pathetic. i hope a good portion of nhlers lose their jobs and i hope campoli never sets foot on nhl ice again. what a dobber CLOWN campoli is.

Dobber, honestly, I am not kidding when I say I have gone through the five stages of grief. Only my fifth stage is 'apathy', as opposed to acceptance.

In fact...and not to kiss ass...but these boards are the only thing that keeps me interested on a daily basis. Both players and owners are beyond pissing me off. The ONLY f-ing sport I enjoy watching any game at any time of any day. I can literally stop what I am doing at any given point in time, and for two plus hours watch a competition that allows me to forget what the hell it was I was supposed to be doing.

Do these jackasses have any idea how f-ing difficult it is to be discussing [fantasy] hockey from a purely theoretical sense???? IT SUCKS.

[ahem]

Although, I am not sure what I am more mad at - the idiocy of this lockout, or the fact that I will immediately resume watching it as soon as they allow me.

Pricks...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I heard that Patrice Bergeron was coming back to America because he thinks that the lockout is about to end.

On the other hand, I just learn that Danny Briere signed in Germany for the remainder of the season because he knows that they won't play this year....

???

Can someone explain that? Are they really on the same page here?

I really think that this thing is gonna last all year long..................

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

They're all idiots with too much money. Go figure.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

These days, my hockey problems are limited to either staying awake until the puck drops at 1:30AM or catching a restless shut-eye until then. As for thinking about NHL hockey, just hoping my draft order sticks to 2nd overall again this summer, the rest is bullocks.

Quote Originally Posted by northernnuck View Post
    These days, my hockey problems are limited to either staying awake until the puck drops at 1:30AM or catching a restless shut-eye until then. As for thinking about NHL hockey, just hoping my draft order sticks to 2nd overall again this summer, the rest is bullocks.
    "Bullocks", I love that word. Needs to be used more here in the states.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

If you mean bollocks, I agree. Taking the piss is another expression that should be used universally.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    If you mean bollocks, I agree. Taking the piss is another expression that should be used universally.
    I asked my english teacher back in grade 12 if the test was still on for that day. He said yes. "Bollocks" I said.
    Him: "Do you know what Bollocks means?"
    Me: "No"
    Him: "Testicles"
    Me: "Well than this test is a bunch of testicles sir!"