Thread: Lockout Countdown CLOCK!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Lockout Countdown CLOCK!

I'm planning on updating this every day until January 15th, which has been said by some "sources" as the drop dead date. Personally, I think it's more like January 10th at the very latest.

What do you guys think will happen to save or kill off the season once and for all? More importantly, how much less do you respect and care about the league and players?

Counting down: 19 days and counting.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Administrator

They will negotiate beyond the cancellation of the season like they did in 2005.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    I'm planning on updating this every day until January 15th, which has been said by some "sources" as the drop dead date. Personally, I think it's more like January 10th at the very latest.

What do you guys think will happen to save or kill off the season once and for all? More importantly, how much less do you respect and care about the league and players?

Counting down: 19 days and counting.
    Games are cancelled to the 14th already, I believe. With that in mind, whether they announce it or not, my guess is we'll probably know one way or another in advance of the 15th, so I agree 100% with your stance.

Ill take Jan 8th deal. 48 game schedule.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ovi42 View Post
    Games are cancelled to the 14th already, I believe. With that in mind, whether they announce it or not, my guess is we'll probably know one way or another in advance of the 15th, so I agree 100% with your stance.

Ill take Jan 8th deal. 48 game schedule.
    I can see that. Even if they cancel on the 10 or so, I still see a window of a few days where if a deal is done, a season will follow.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Veteran

CLOCK: 18 days and ticking...

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

I...am your father.

The experts, and you, can't tell me that if they come to an agreement on January 20, that they won't try to slap together a season. No way.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    The experts, and you, can't tell me that if they come to an agreement on January 20, that they won't try to slap together a season. No way.
    I think you could be right, but no matter how you slice it, recent events should be seen as very discouraging. I've honestly gotten to the point of writing it off. I really thought 10 days ago they'd at least be meeting by now.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I'm not sure why people think there is some kind of hard deadline in January. Because Bettman said so???

From Wikipedia:
    With no resolution by the 11:00 deadline, Bettman announced the cancellation of the 2004–05 season on February 16, 2005, making the NHL the first major professional sports league in North America to cancel an entire season because of a labor dispute; the announcement was to have come on February 14, but it was delayed because of the death of the patriarch of the Sutter hockey family four days prior, whose funeral was held on February 15. Two days after the cancellation announcement, The Hockey News reported that a deal with a $45 million cap had been reached "in principle" with the help of owners and former players Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux. Both camps immediately denied this report. A 6½-hour meeting took place the next day, but no agreement was reached, and the season was lost.
    According to this they negotiated until Feb 19. They will do so again or even longer if some money can be made out of it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well, some progress may apparently soon be made. But how many times have we heard this song before?

BTW, the following is stolen from a post of Axeman, thanks in advance.

" Interesting quote:

https://twitter.com/dshoalts/status/284720430735032323

"NHL exec: Key is Jan 5. Need a deal by then to allow for 1 wk legal paperwork, 1 wk for camp, first puck drop Jan. 19. Otherwise it's over."

Could be smoke or could be truth. Either way, the deadline date cant be far off."

At most, 17 days and ticking...
    Last edited by dongjohnson; December 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM.