Thread: An alternative to Christmas.. Happy Festivus everyone!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default An alternative to Christmas.. Happy Festivus everyone!

Well today, Dec 23rd is Festivus.

For those who don't know what festivus is, I will copy from Wikipedia.

Festivus is a secular holiday celebrated on December 23 as an alternative to participating in the pressures and commercializm of Christmas. Festivus became part of worldwide popular culture after being featured on an episode of the American TV show Seinfeld in 1997.
    Festivus was conceived by writer Dan O'Keefe and was celebrated by his family as early as 1966. The holiday was later introduced into popular culture by O'Keefe's screenwriter son Daniel on an episode of Seinfeld. The holiday's celebration, as it was shown on Seinfeld, included a Festivus dinner, an unadorned aluminum "Festivus pole," practices such as the "Airing of Grievances" and "Feats of Strength"," and the labeling of easily explainable events as "Festivus miracles."
    Celebrants of the holiday sometimes refer to it as "a Festivus for the rest of us," a saying taken from the O'Keefe family traditions and popularized in the Seinfeld episode to describe Festivus' non-commercial aspect. It has also been described as a parody and as playful consumer resistance.

So that you all know what Festivus is, I say to you, Happy Festivus! Enjoy the day! Feel free to air your grievances in this thread and also any Feats of Strength!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

I almost forgot, to all the Newfs on these boards, Happy Tipps Eve!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Yeah I got some grievances to air!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

My grievance, and probably a lot of other peeps here would agree, is this damn lock-out...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

"Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way."

-- Frank Costanza
    Mike Schmidt
    Follow me on Twitter: @MikeTSchmidt
    Check out my fantasy hockey musings: http://soicyhockey.com/

Administrator

Today is national Wal Mart day because you know where the majority of people are going to be.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Today is national Wal Mart day because you know where the majority of people are going to be.
    Not this cat. They got the last of my money yesterday. I am done like dinner!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Not this cat. They got the last of my money yesterday. I am done like dinner!
    Yeah but I'm speaking about the majority. There is a reason that they expanded one of the Wal Marts close to where I live. And it's not only because they wanted to add a grocery section.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust