Thread: Roster help for Chamionship Game

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Roster help for Chamionship Game

I haven't done fantasy football in years, and with the impending NHL work stoppage, I decided to while away the time with a Yahoo Public league. I've made it all the way to the championship game, but I'm not sure who to go with as there are too many unknown variables and I'd like to take it all. Rather than make the STUPID mistakes I made in previous weeks by not knowing who to start and sit, in week 16 my options are to flip coins, consult a tea leave reader or ask this forum. Any advice would be appreciated, here are my uncertain options:

QB
    Drew Brees at DAL or Sam Bradford at TB

I've been doing well with Brees all season, but with the 5 INT's he threw against ATL in week 13 and with Bradford's hot hand against a weak TB DEF, I'm considering Bradford.

WR (need 3)
    T.Y. Hilton at KC
    James Jones vs TEN
    Antonio Brown vs Cin
    Danny Amendola at TB

Picked up Jones this weeek off waivers. I like all 4 but can obly go with 3, I want to sit Amendola, but his potential upside may kick me in the ass, so who to sit instead?

DEF
    SEA vs SF
    NE at JAC

SEA is playing so well lately, but the SF OFF has the potential to do major damage. NE is an easier choice but I'm not sure if I should go with the better matchup or stay with SEA.

I'm looking for insight as to who you would start and why.

Administrator

Definitely Brees over Bradford IMO. Best player available.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Brees - been a top QB all season until few games ago. Not sure on what planet you'd start Bradford over him. Bree's has topped 15 pts 7 times, Bradford 3 times.

Brown, Jones, Amendola - high PPR value for Brown and Amendola, Jones just catches tds. But Hilton isn't bad option either .

NE - Jacksonville is terrible on offense.
    Last edited by cdubb; December 23, 2012 at 5:28 AM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Padawan

Brees - Roll with the guy that got you there

Brown, Amendola, Hilton - Comes down to Hilton and Jones for the final spot for me but I am choosing the Luck/Hilton combo here. Call it a gut feeling if you will but I am thinking Hilton sees more targets than Jones this week.

NE Defense - Easy choice here. NE should dominate and cannot see JAC finding the endzone much if at all
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Immortal

Brees easily over Bradford.

I would sit Amendola

And yeah Seattle's deflense has been unreal and probably contributed in getting you to the final...but you have to go with the Pats here .