Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best concert you have ever seen?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Best concert you have ever seen?

So, what is the best concert you have ever seen? I have seen a lot of really good ones, and it's tough to put my finger on the "best" one. I have seen Elton John (Amazing), Bruce Springstein (Amazing), Metallica several times (Great live), Tool (Amazing), Alice in Chains, Ozzy, Van Halen, Nine Inch Nails, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Alice Cooper, Page and Plant, Kiss, Pearl Jam, Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction, Radiohead...

There are a few that stand out. In 1991, I saw Nirvana at a small club called "The Bronx" in Edmonton. There were probably 200 or 300 people there. It was a few months before Nevermind came out and I didn't know much about them. I remember Kurt was HAMMERED and at one point, he stopped mid song to say he needed a cigarette. About 15 people threw cigarettes at him and he lit up and continued LOL.

About 20 years ago, I saw Rage Against the Machine and had no idea who they were. Truly one of the best live bands I have ever seen. All through the concert I was asking myself "Who the F... are these guys???" Shortly after the concert, I had all of their music and they became one of my favourite bands of all time. I have never seen them since. Part of me is sad that I haven't been able to see them again live AFTER I have gained this appreciation for them.

I have seen Pink Floyd a couple times, once stoned out of my mind so badly that I don't remember much, and the last time I saw them, I went completely sober so that I could remember it. Maybe my favourite concert of all time. Anybody who has seen them live will understand when I say that HUGE floating inflatable pigs with lasers for eyes while they blare out the base lines of "One of These Days", could be one of my most memorable concerts moments.

Another possibility for my favourite concert of all time was long ago when old school White Zombie opened for Pantera. That was one "angry" concert and there were times in the mosh pit where I literally feared for my life, but for heavy music, you can't get any better than that. It was truly amazing.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Monster

I saw Springstein about 4 times. Easily the best I've seen. Some other good shows I've seen have been Guns N Roses and Metallica a while back. Depeche Mode was good. Seen Pink Floyd as well.

The Wolverine

I haven't been to many concerts, but one that stands out was not too long ago when I found out that Faith No More (my all-time favourite band) was getting back together and played here in Edinburgh. It was located in a relatively small venue, and a popular one for gigs here, and they rocked. The energy was incredible. They played all the classics and the crowd loved every minute of it.

Dobber Sports Pro

Hmmmm.. The two best for me would have to be Pearl Jam (3 times in 4 days) and Dave Matthews Band. All fantastic shows.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Garth Brooks.

Dobber Sports Star

First concert 1979 - Kiss/Judas Priest and every Iron Maiden concert...especially the Piece of Mind Tour, Ozzy/Metallica...just when Master of Puppets took over the world..

Some who are they???? opening acts that blew me away...Queensryche, Accept and Tesla really stand out for me.
    Last edited by islefan31; December 22, 2012 at 7:33 AM.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Garth Brooks.
    I dont normally go to a lot of concerts but I have to agree here. This guy puts on one hell of a show and was one of the better shows I have ever seen.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Hands down...my best was the Foo Fighters at Lollapalooza in 2011. Arctic Monkeys were on before them and were delayed because of a MASSIVE storm that came through. Of course....we all stayed and waited through it so we were friggin soaked by the time Foo came on. Everything was kind of clear when they started until they began My Hero...........then torrential rain started again. And obviously Dave Grohl didn't give f*ck.......

That song + the atmosphere + it being the last band of the weekend.....best ever.

http://www.rockpeaks.com/video/f/Foo...a-2011/My-Hero

Dobber Sports Icon

Have seen some pretty great shows - Tom Waits at the Orpheum in Vancouver in 2000 really stands out (something like 1,100 seats). I remember being inthe lobby before the show, seeing a guy there and thinking, 'Man that guy looks exactly like Eddie Vedder!' Then read the paper the next day and saw the review of the show, including '...in attendance, Eddie Vedder'. Kinda cool.

Tool in 2006 (Calgary) was amazing, pretty mind blowing show. Saw Ministry the same year, pretty intense.

Metallica in '92 was pretty good, and I also saw Paul Mcartney around the same time - biggest show attendance wise I have seen, close to 50,000.

Also a lot of smaller shows by some of my favourite, more obscure artists like Tanya Donelly, Hawksley Workman, Sarah Slean, Rose Chronicles.

First show ever was a good one too - Van Halen, with Alice In Chains opening way back in 1991...

Rylant, you are one lucky bugger to have seen RATM!
    Last edited by PrairieDog; December 22, 2012 at 11:02 AM.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Definitely AC/DC at Montreal in 2008.
    Black Ice tour. The show on their last dvd "live at river plate".
    Paid 100$ for the show at Olympic Stadium.
    I can't imagine a better way to spend my money.
    6 guys go on an adventure in the city!
    Memories that I will keep forever...
    Last edited by LeTrefle; December 22, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Initiate

Only concert I have really been to, RATM in Minneapolis.

This is how they opened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9CjKPrOkk8

Kind of poor quality but you get the idea.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm really torn here:

The Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, Spice Girls, NKOTB, and Justin Bieber were all epic shows.

Dobber Sports Giant

metallica in vancouver this year was pretty awsome.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Stud

Only saw 3 shows in my life...

And despite seeing my favorite band in one of them (Insomnium), I have to admit the latest one I saw was crazy.

Wintersun + Eluveitie was a great value for 35$. Small venue, but that just made the energy levels higher. Wintersun I liked before, but they just blew my mind live. And Eluveitie - being folk metal - obviously brought another level of energy and spirit as well.

Was a great show. And apart from seeing a pair of bands I rank higher, or just a mind blowing act, it will be hard to beat.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Definitely AC/DC at Montreal in 2008.
    Black Ice tour. The show on their last dvd "live at river plate".
    Paid 100$ for the show at Olympic Stadium.
    I can't imagine a better way to spend my money.
    6 guys go on an adventure in the city!
    Memories that I will keep forever...
    I saw AC/DC in Edmonton in 2009 and it poured rain the whole time. It was so fun! But it was fun and more of a 'glad I was there' moment rather than a good concert.