Thread: Andrey Makarov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Andrey Makarov

Have to admit the kid has always impressed me when Ive seen him. Strange he went undrafted until the Sabres signed him to a 3 year deal.

Id been waiting to add him to my farm since his draft year but had to wait until an NHL team drafted or signed him.

Just thought Id hear from others whove seen him more and/or have more info on him.

Heres a good rundown:

http://thehockeywriters.com/andrey-m...ussian-goalie/

Administrator

Good prospect goalie but not fantasy relevant. Time is too precious to wait on these goalies.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Good prospect goalie but not fantasy relevant. Time is too precious to wait on these goalies.
    That all depends on what type of league you are in. And ofcourse Some owners don't like to wait. Im all for it in a deeper league.
    And By signing with the Sabres I personally like his chances down the road. Defenitely not alot of quality goalie depth in that organization. And Im not a big Enroth fan

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kessel50 View Post
    That all depends on what type of league you are in. And ofcourse Some owners don't like to wait. Im all for it in a deeper league.
    And By signing with the Sabres I personally like his chances down the road. Defenitely not alot of quality goalie depth in that organization. And Im not a big Enroth fan
    Here's the problem. Even in a deep league you have limited farm positions. So over the 5-7 year wait you are probably going to encounter someone better to take his spot who doesn't have as much wait time. And you end up dropping the guy for nothing. I prefer poaching college and European free agents who are over 20 and closer to being ready. Think Lack, Lindback, etc.

In the league in my sig there are 1200 total players owned. I passed on Makarov because I was able to get Pasquale and Grubauer off the wire and then Svedberg in the draft. Same upside, and less wait time.

I bet you can ignore Makarov and pick him up off the wire somewhere down the road.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well this is a huge league with 25 minor spots. But FA pkgs r slim. Very knkwledgeable league .
    And personally i like his chances vs the guys u mentioned no matter how close they are.
    Yes things can change but thats the chance u take. And since there is alot of goalie depth now i think its important to get plenty.

I...am your father.

In the Fantasy Goalie Guide - buy it here:
    http://www.dobbersports.com/dobbersp...-products.html

We have this to say about Makarov:

5. Andrey Makarov

Makarov is legitimately on the map as a hidden gem, making him an intriguing discussion for poolies. In terms of his skills, Makarov has an impressive combination of stealthy quickness and pad control on low plays. He has a small frame, but makes the most of it by battling extremely hard to cover loose pucks, and by fighting through traffic and bodies in order to square up to shots. He’s tenacious, but with a calm approach and he has the quickness to make saves off redirections and on quick releases.

When it comes to comparables, consider the other Russian stud prospect, Andrei Vasilevski. In terms of styles, Vasilevski is comparable to Nikolai Khabibulin, while Makarov is comparable to Evgeni Nabokov. That being said, Makarov is the more economical goaltender, the one who maximizes his frame by standing more upright, narrowing his stance, and relying on instincts and raw athleticism to scramble and dig around for loose pucks. He also moves the puck very well. Makarov’s biggest technical issue would be his hand placement. He holds his gloves very low on his body, and the book on him is constantly the same – glove side high. Making the adjustment to hold his hands higher will be important over the next two seasons, and under the Sabres’ regime, he should receive the coaching and guidance needed to improve in that area.

Raw Skills: C
    Mental Toughness: C+
    Political Landscape: C+
    NHL Arrival: 2016
    Starter Potential: 50+

We also discuss where he sits in the team's system, politically. Worth your $6.99, or if you have the fantasy guide you can use the coupon code that is in the ad and get this Fantasy Goalie Guide for around four bucks. Four bucks!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks Dobber
    Just placed an order.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Kessel50 View Post
    Thanks Dobber
    Just placed an order.
    Wow! What salesmanship

Thanks man, Merry Christmas
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi