Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pricer's Picks week 16

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pricer's Picks week 16

I have 3 teams going to the superbowl next week, how about you guys? If anyone has leagues going in week 17 let me know that too.

I'd like to get more discussion going about the offseason, keeper decisions, dynasty moves, 2013 rookie drafts, etc. Throw those questions out there as well!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    I have 3 teams going to the superbowl next week, how about you guys? If anyone has leagues going in week 17 let me know that too.

I'd like to get more discussion going about the offseason, keeper decisions, dynasty moves, 2013 rookie drafts, etc. Throw those questions out there as well!
    2 out of 2!

Which RB this week Spiller VS MIA or Ridley @ JAX 1pnts 20yds, 6pnts TD and .5 rec.

Which D to start this week.

AZ vs CHI, CLE @ DEN or BUF @ MIA?

Leaning towards AZ at home, play alot better there than on the road, defensivley anyway.

And WR3 Riley Cooper, Hartline or A. Jeffrey?

6pnts TD, 1 pnt 20yds and .5 rec.

This is who I am thinking:
    Dalton
    Nicks
    Wallace
    Hartline
    Spiller
    Lynch
    AZ

Thoughts?
    Last edited by TrueNorth; December 19, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
    12 team Keeper Head to Head: (10 Keepers)
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SO

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Dobber Sports Immortal

I made it to the finals in the only league I made it to the playoffs in...out of 3 joined.

The team Im playing just made it to the final winning with Rivers getting -4 points as his QB. He'll probably start Ben this week though, along with Morris, DMC, Graham, Stevie, Maclin, Gibson and Denver's defense. Nothing too scary but you never know.

My decisions.....

QB: Newton vs Oak or Ryan @ Detroit

-- I've rolled with Newton two weeks in a row (first time I've went with him since acquiring) and he's done me well. Tough decision this week.

RB: Lynch is a go...but do I consider between Martin vs StL and Moreno vs Clev?

WR: If Nelson plays....Nelson vs Ten or Gordon @Den

TE: Pitta vs NYG or Myers @ Car ...Myers has two straight duds

DEF: Tucker vs NYG or Forbath @ Phi

I picked up Pitta and Forbath mainly to keep them away from my opponent....but I could make an arguement to start both after the way Myers and Tucker have been lately.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I made it to the finals in the only league I made it to the playoffs in...out of 3 joined.

The team Im playing just made it to the final winning with Rivers getting -4 points as his QB. He'll probably start Ben this week though, along with Morris, DMC, Graham, Stevie, Maclin, Gibson and Denver's defense. Nothing too scary but you never know.

My decisions.....

-- I've rolled with Newton two weeks in a row (first time I've went with him since acquiring) and he's done me well. Tough decision this week.

I picked up Pitta and Forbath mainly to keep them away from my opponent....but I could make an arguement to start both after the way Myers and Tucker have been lately.
    I'll take a shot for you:

I would go with Newton, Ryan as you I am sure know has been far too inconsistent. Hard to tell what ATL team to expect. Newton however has been hot and that should continue @ home against the Raiders.

I am going Martin, I think his upside against the Rams and usage in the passing game make him the easy choice here.

Go Gordon @ DEN, obviously like Nelson but there are so many options in GB and Rodgers obviously has settled in with the 2012 verison of Nelson, Randall Cobb. I don't think he will see alot of looks first game back after injury.

Pitta or Myers is a tough one, but I am going to take Pitta. The reasoning? Like you mentioned Myers is coming off two duds and Pitta had a huge week last week. Close though.

And last but not least I would go with Tucker. No reason in particular aside from a gut feeling but I see him out producing Forbath this week. Again going off a gut feeling here.

Hope this Helps!

Good Luck!
    Last edited by TrueNorth; December 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM.

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Quote Originally Posted by Leafs2014 View Post
    2 out of 2!

Which RB this week Spiller VS MIA or Ridley @ JAX 1pnts 20yds, 6pnts TD and .5 rec.

Which D to start this week.

AZ vs CHI, CLE @ DEN or BUF @ MIA?

Leaning towards AZ at home, play alot better there than on the road, defensivley anyway.

And WR3 Riley Cooper, Hartline or A. Jeffrey?

6pnts TD, 1 pnt 20yds and .5 rec.

This is who I am thinking:
    Dalton
    Nicks
    Wallace
    Hartline
    Spiller
    Lynch
    AZ

Thoughts?
    I agree with Spiller and Hartline. Zona D is ok, but maybe we can do better? If Washington, Carolina, or San Diego are available I like any of those better than Arizona.

My decisions.....

Cam is my #1 QB in week 16

Martin is my #4 RB

I think I lean toward Nelson here. Gordon will have Champ Bailey on him. Look at what he did to both Torrey Smith and Anquan Boldin last week.

Pitta for sure over Myers.

Forbath over Tucker, but really just flip a coin.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Thanks boys. Rep coming.

And what about DST??

Seattle vs SF....or Miami vs Buffalo.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    I agree with Spiller and Hartline. Zona D is ok, but maybe we can do better? If Washington, Carolina, or San Diego are available I like any of those better than Arizona.
    Thanks Pricer!

Nothing better on the wire, looks like I am gonna roll with AZ.

All I want for x mas is a couple pick 6's.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nfl/2012/1...de/lol-cutler/

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Thanks boys. Rep coming.

And what about DST??

Seattle vs SF....or Miami vs Buffalo.
    I don't see how you can bench Seattle D right now the way they are playing. They are my #5 defense this week behind only - Patriots, Bears, Packers, and Broncos

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Help

I haven't done fantasy football in years, and with the impending NHL work stoppage, I decided to while away the time with a Yahoo Public league. I've made it all the way to the championship game, but I'm not sure who to go with as there are too many unknown variables and I'd like to take it all. Rather than make the STUPID mistakes I made in previous weeks by not knowing who to start and sit, in week 16 my options are to flip coins, consult a tea leave reader or ask this forum. Any advice would be appreciated, here are my uncertain options:

QB
    Drew Brees at DAL or Sam Bradford at TB

I've been doing well with Brees all season, but with the 5 INT's he threw against ATL in week 13 and with Bradford's hot hand against the weak TB DEF, I'm considering Bradford.

WR (need 3)
    T.Y. Hilton at KC
    James Jones vs TEN
    Antonio Brown vs Cin
    Danny Amendola at TB

Picked up Jones this weeek off waivers. I like all 4 but can obly go with 3, I want to sit Amendola, but his potential upside may kick me in the ass, so who to sit instead?

TE
    Heath Miller vs Cin or Tony Gonzalez at DET (TONIGHT!!)

I have a fear that with ATL having it all sewn up, letting Gonzalez get a few catches in the first half and then sitting him. Miller and the Steelers are playing for their playoff lives.

DEF
    SEA vs SF
    NE at JAC

SEA is playing so well lately, but the SF OFF has the potential to do major damage. NE is an easier choice but I'm not sure if I should go with the better matchup or stay with SEA.

I will rep whoever replies. I'm looking for insight as to who you would start and why.

I've posted this as a new post.
    Last edited by BKD; December 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BKD View Post
    I haven't done fantasy football in years, and with the impending NHL work stoppage, I decided to while away the time with a Yahoo Public league. I've made it all the way to the championship game, but I'm not sure who to go with as there are too many unknown variables and I'd like to take it all. Rather than make the STUPID mistakes I made in previous weeks by not knowing who to start and sit, in week 16 my options are to flip coins, consult a tea leave reader or ask this forum. Any advice would be appreciated, here are my uncertain options:

QB
    Drew Brees at DAL or Sam Bradford at TB

I've been doing well with Brees all season, but with the 5 INT's he threw against ATL in week 13 and with Bradford's hot hand against the weak TB DEF, I'm considering Bradford.

WR (need 3)
    T.Y. Hilton at KC
    James Jones vs TEN
    Antonio Brown vs Cin
    Danny Amendola at TB

Picked up Jones this weeek off waivers. I like all 4 but can obly go with 3, I want to sit Amendola, but his potential upside may kick me in the ass, so who to sit instead?

TE
    Heath Miller vs Cin or Tony Gonzalez at DET (TONIGHT!!)

I have a fear that with ATL having it all sewn up, letting Gonzalez get a few catches in the first half and then sitting him. Miller and the Steelers are playing for their playoff lives.

DEF
    SEA vs SF
    NE at JAC

SEA is playing so well lately, but the SF OFF has the potential to do major damage. NE is an easier choice but I'm not sure if I should go with the better matchup or stay with SEA.

I will rep whoever replies. I'm looking for insight as to who you would start and why.

I've posted this as a new post.

QB: Have to go with Brees imo. I know the Bradford matchup is great but if Brees drops 40 on your bench you are going to be very sad.

WR: I'd sit Antonio Brown.

TE: I would have went Miller. Hope you did too.

D: Patriots with that matchup.

Hey price I need your help I need to start two of three wrs denario , Torrey smith and hankerson ....also need to decide which rb to start Bryce brown or Vereen?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Not that this was ever an option for me.....but Matt Ryan's 29 points could break my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by egstud19 View Post
    Hey price I need your help I need to start two of three wrs denario , Torrey smith and hankerson ....also need to decide which rb to start Bryce brown or Vereen?

Wow that's digging deep. I have to with DX and Smith (bust potential is def there as we saw last week)

and Bryce Brown. At least we know he has a role and is going to get SOME work. Vereen could have a bigger game, but we know nothing right now. He has had 11 carries in the last 3 games combine. I'd argue that Brown gets that many or more in this game.

GL!

Not that this was ever an option for me.....but Matt Ryan's 29 points could break my heart.
    I had to root for Ryan and Julio in one league and against Roddy in another league.