Thread: Which deal should I do?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Which deal should I do?

I'm in talks with 3 different GM's in my league right now about potential trades and seem to be very close in all for a deal. Need some advice on which is best. I came 1st last year and made deals and now own 3 first round picks potentially the 1st,4th and my own 10th overall.

1.)E.Kane and 1st round pick the 4th overall one for Ovechkin

2.)E.Kane and my first the 10th overall one and Brodeur for Perry and any goalie of his who'd become my 3rd string tendy.

3.)Weiss,Zibanajed,B.Smith 4th overall and 10th overall to the guy who came in last for Getzlaf,HodgsonByfuglien
    KEEPER LEAGUE POINTS ONLY G-1,A-1,W-1,SO2
    10 Teams, 8 Round drafts.

FORWARDS: N.Backstrom,Elias,Malkin,Plekanec,B.Richards,Roy,
    E.Staal,Weiss,Benn,Giroux,Hossa,P.Kane,Neal, Etem,Silverberg,Eakin,Wheeler,St.Louis,Huberdeau,
    Galchenyuk

D-MEN: Boyle,Enstrom,Pietrangelo,Weber,
    Seabrook,Shattenkirk,

GOALIES: Howard,Luongo,

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cnixon86 View Post
    I'm in talks with 3 different GM's in my league right now about potential trades and seem to be very close in all for a deal. Need some advice on which is best. I came 1st last year and made deals and now own 3 first round picks potentially the 1st,4th and my own 10th overall.

2.)E.Kane and my first the 10th overall one and Brodeur for Perry and any goalie of his who'd become my 3rd string tendy.

3.)Weiss,Zibanajed,B.Smith 4th overall and 10th overall to the guy who came in last for Getzlaf,HodgsonByfuglien
    I would agressively try to do #1 and #3. I think you are getting better value in #1 but #3 is pretty darn good for you too.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Padawan

I agree.

Definitely do #1.

Because you've moved the 4th overall pick you won't be able to do option #3 as it currently stands. I suggest trying to add Etem in (in lieu of the 4th overall). You'll likely have to pony up a little more but I think it's worth pursuing.
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by kenzle1r View Post
    I agree.

Definitely do #1.

Because you've moved the 4th overall pick you won't be able to do option #3 as it currently stands.
    He hasn't done #3 yet, he is asking us which of the 3 he should do which would mean that #3 is also still available as is.

I would aggressively pursue #1 as your fantasy life depended on it.

If not, take a stab at #3 as that is clearly your other best choice of the 3.

I wouldn't touch #2 with a Willie Mitchell hockey stick
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I prefer scenario one or three.

Some things to think about regarding scenario three:

Here are my thoughts on Getzlaf: Two factors played a significant role in his down campaign in 2011-12: His shooting percentage plummeted to .059 (his PDO was just .977) and he was forced to play tough minutes for an Anaheim squad that lacks the requisite depth to put their top offensive players in the best position to succeed. At just 27 years of age, it’s not reasonable to suggest Getzlaf is a player in decline. He should bounce back, especially if the Ducks are able to bolster their third and fourth lines this coming season.

Meanwhile, Byfuglien is a virtual lock for 50 points over a full campaign. Only five d-men broke the 50-point barrier last year, and he's the only d-man to do it the past two years. Say what you want about the man's physique or his ability to defend, but he's one guy you plug into the lineup and not worry about his ability to produce high-end numbers.
    Mike Schmidt
    Follow me on Twitter: @MikeTSchmidt
    Check out my fantasy hockey musings: http://soicyhockey.com/

Dobber Sports Giant

any of them are good. id definantly go for ovi though.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ace

EKane and a first-rounder for Ovechkin is ridiculous. That's the one you should be shooting for, sir.

Option 3 isn't bad either. Getzlaf should get back to form and Byfuglien is, as said above, a legit 50pt blueliner. Not a lot of those around. And if you're a Hodgson supporter - even better.

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally, the only one I like is #3. If this was a multi-cat league that counted shots and hits, I would have said go for Ovi and the #1 package. In a points only league, #3 is the only deal I like.

The way Kane is trending compared to Ovi, theres a good chance he could pass him next season in points. He almost did it this year.

I dont have the same faith in Ovechkin as most on this site do. I prefer to look forward, not in the past and OV's future is a whole lot sketchier right now compared to Kanes. Does OV have more ability to outscore Kane? Of course, but is the desire there anymore? This is where my skepticism comes in when it comes to OV. I would rather roll with the kid on the upswing, not the guy who once played like an elite player in this game.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    EKane and a first-rounder for Ovechkin is ridiculous. That's the one you should be shooting for, sir.

Option 3 isn't bad either. Getzlaf should get back to form and Byfuglien is, as said above, a legit 50pt blueliner. Not a lot of those around. And if you're a Hodgson supporter - even better.
    Agree here with Reuben. #1 is a slightly lopsided offer in your favour. #3 is also tempting. Good luck.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by cnixon86 View Post

The only one I'd do is #1. I think I'd rather have Zibanajed and the 1(4)'s production over Getz mainly because Getz misses too many games. I get upside but that conversation piece with him is starting to run course. I do agree, it is tempting. 1 is just the only option I feel comfortable with.
    Last edited by One87; December 17, 2012 at 9:44 PM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Pro

I would pursue option #1 for sure.

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with everyone else. Number 1 is definitely the deal you should do first. E Kane and the 4th overall for Ovie is a great deal for you. The third deal would be my second choice as well and by no means a bad deal. It's a great one for you.

If you can swing both the 1st and 3rd deal? Do it! Getzlaf isn't likely to continue like he did, and Byfuglien is probably the best defender in a points league outside of Karlsson. He's a proven 50 point dman, but I don't think people realize he put up 53 points last year in only 66 games and did it with less PPP than the year before.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The way Kane is trending compared to Ovi, theres a good chance he could pass him next season in points. He almost did it this year.

I dont have the same faith in Ovechkin as most on this site do. I prefer to look forward, not in the past and OV's future is a whole lot sketchier right now compared to Kanes. Does OV have more ability to outscore Kane? Of course, but is the desire there anymore? This is where my skepticism comes in when it comes to OV. I would rather roll with the kid on the upswing, not the guy who once played like an elite player in this game.
    I actually generally agree with you on Ovechkin not being the same guy he once was.

But the body of work is still so impressive, and Backstrom is fully healthy, and if Mike Green is healthy...he's close to getting back there. Or back to ppg levels.

At worst, Ovechkin is a 65-70pt guy. And we've seen his worst very recently.

But Kane, to me, is at best a goal-heavy 70pt guy. And he's not there yet.

This is a must-do deal, no matter how highly people think of Kane.