Thread: iTunes e-vouchers - do they exist?

The Wolverine

Default iTunes e-vouchers - do they exist?

I'm completely out of the loop regarding all this stuff and I want to send my niece and nephew an iTunes voucher to their e-mail addresses rather than getting one physically sent to them. Is this possible? I've been browsing the Apple Canada store and it appears the only vouchers are physical ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by horrorfan; December 17, 2012 at 9:35 AM.

Dobber Sports Giant

I don't think they exist, but worst case scenario, buy a physical one, open it and note down the number (code).

Make a nice little virtual gift card using paint and or photoshop and send it to them with the code on it via email.

Voilà!

Hope this helps your issue
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I don't think they exist, but worst case scenario, buy a physical one, open it and note down the number (code).

Make a nice little virtual gift card using paint and or photoshop and send it to them with the code on it via email.

Voilà!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.
    GO WINGS!

The Wolverine

Voilà!

Thanks, but the problem is that I'm in Scotland so that wouldn't work, unless I send them one directly.

Dobber Sports Giant

What if you buy one from Ebay and have it shipped to them?

Here's one that I found for $25 (they charge you more than the value of the voucher but offer fast, free shipping)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-APPLE-25-...item4d07f5bd76

Browse Ebay for more offers if you want.

Does this help??
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

I believe you can actually send an iTunes gift card electronically. I haven't done it myself, but I do see this on from the Apple site:

Sign in to the iTunes Store with your Apple ID.
    In the iTunes Store, click Buy iTunes Gifts under QUICK LINKS in the right column.
    Select your delivery method by clicking the “Buy now” button in the appropriate section: Email Gift Certificates or Printable Gift Certificates.
    Enter details such as your recipient's name, your name, a personal message, and choose the amount you would like to give from the Amount pop-up menu. Depending on which delivery method you have chosen, you also may need to enter your recipient's email address or mailing address. Then, click Continue.

Link here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2736?viewlocale=en_US
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by chillyh View Post
    I believe you can actually send an iTunes gift card electronically. I haven't done it myself, but I do see this on from the Apple site:

Sign in to the iTunes Store with your Apple ID.
    In the iTunes Store, click Buy iTunes Gifts under QUICK LINKS in the right column.
    Select your delivery method by clicking the “Buy now” button in the appropriate section: Email Gift Certificates or Printable Gift Certificates.
    Enter details such as your recipient's name, your name, a personal message, and choose the amount you would like to give from the Amount pop-up menu. Depending on which delivery method you have chosen, you also may need to enter your recipient's email address or mailing address. Then, click Continue.

Link here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2736?viewlocale=en_US
    Thanks but that is the US site. I believe you cannot redeem a US voucher in another country, but I can be corrected.

The Wolverine

What if you buy one from Ebay and have it shipped to them?

Here's one that I found for $25 (they charge you more than the value of the voucher but offer fast, free shipping)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-APPLE-25-...item4d07f5bd76

Browse Ebay for more offers if you want.

Does this help??
    Not an ebay fan (just personal preference) and would rather not take the risk especially since I'm abroad and would be annoying if it doesn't arrive on time. Thanks though.

I might end up going for another option if I can't do it.