Thread: Leafs players locked out... of restaurant.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Leafs players locked out... of restaurant.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...establishment/

Too funny. Lupul not allowed to make reservations at restaurant owned by MLSE.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Geez this thing just keeps getting uglier and uglier. I don't remember the last lockout being this bad.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Haha that's hilarious... Tenenbaum's getting personal

Administrator

Reminds me of that episode of Family Guy where Peter opens a restaurant and refuses to let Joe in.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

I can understand if it's simply team/player perks that are cut off, but to deny making a reservation? Something like that seems to get too personal, even childish
    Last edited by hockeymanG23; December 17, 2012 at 2:19 AM.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would have let him in and gave him food poisoning.
    Last edited by aleco83; December 17, 2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: typo
    League: 16 team Roto, 12 keepers, 23 man roster, 10 player farm 52 NHL games played max
    Skater cats:
    G/A/PPG/SHG/SHA/OTG/GWG/ENG/DA/DG/SOG/Hits/BS/PIM/Minors/Maj/plus minus
    Goalie cats:
    GGP/Mins/W/SO/SA%/GAA/S

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    I can understand if it's simply team/player perks that are cut off, but to deny making a reservation? Something like that
    seems to get too personal, even childish
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by aleco83 View Post
    I would have let him in and gave him food poisoning.
    Talk about childish.

Administrator

The entire lockout is childish so I wouldn't put anything pas anyone at this point.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    I can understand if it's simply team/player perks that are cut off, but to deny making a reservation? Something like that seems to get too personal, even childish
    I work in the restaurant industry, and there are hundreds of reasons that I would refuse a reservation without ever taking into consideration "who" I was refusing. After reading the article, the circumstances leading up to the denial of a reservation are pretty vague, to say the least.

I actually have a similar experience in my past. I live in Edmonton and work in a busy Edmonton restaurant. One busy Saturday years ago, I received a phone call asking for a reservation for a large party in less than 2 hours. With all of the reservations that I had already taken, I just simply did not have room to take this reservation on such short notice. After aplogizing to this gentleman and telling him that I just did not have room for his party, he gave me the line that I have noticed a LOT of sports figures LOVE to give in situations like this. He said to me "Do you have ANY idea who I am? I am so-and-so from the Calgary Flames! Now, we are going to come into your restaurant and spend a lot of money, and I would appreciate it if you would make this work." I told him that I appreciate that he is a big time hockey player, but the only way I would be able to get this party into the restaurant, was if I called a bunch of other reservations who had already been confirmed and called before he did, and tell them that we could no longer accomodate them. Of course, I was unwilling to do that. Now, I am not going to say who it was from the Flames because it isn't necessary to blast an egotistical hockey player, but 10 or 15 minutes later, I received a phone call from somebody in the Calgary Flames management who accused me of refusing the reservation because I was from the Edmonton, and they were from "Hated" Calgary. Of course, nothing could be further from the truth.

I have also refused reservations from groups which include certain sports teams or bands on the grounds that the last time they were in the restaurant, they destroyed the placed, and got angry when I told them that they had too much to drink and I wasn't able to serve them any more alcohol, and threatened me with violence, and treated my serving staff like shit, and didn't fully pay their bill, etc etc. I don't need people like that in my restaurant.

One thing is, I have noticed that a LOT of the big time people in the entertainment business, whether they be actors, or musicians, or sports figures, CAN have a tremendous sense of entitlement. They think they are hugely important, and that the rest of the common society shoujld bend over backwards to serve them. Not all of them, but there are many who do feel this way. I am not saying that Lupul was NOT refused because he was a Leaf, but my gut tells me that there is more to this story than that. I have seen these things get twisted around too many times before.

Rylant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post

One thing is, I have noticed that a LOT of the big time people in the entertainment business, whether they be actors, or musicians, or sports figures, CAN have a tremendous sense of entitlement.
    I've noticed this as well, mainly in my time in grad school getting my masters degree. Most people, rich or poor, are nice people on the surface until they don't get something their way. Then the shit hits the fan about how they're more important than others because of one paper reason or another.

In other news...

Lupul Locked Out of Home - Blames Bettman.

"I just know the s.o.b. hid my keys. I had them when I walked into the bar, but this morning when I woke up in the gutter they were nowhere to be found. Co-inky-dink?"
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    In other news...

Lupul Locked Out of Home - Blames Bettman.

"I just know the s.o.b. hid my keys. I had them when I walked into the bar, but this morning when I woke up in the gutter they were nowhere to be found. Co-inky-dink?"
    Ryan O'Byrne was arrested once again for stealing a woman's purse. This time he insists that the purse contains his escrow money.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Ryan O'Byrne was arrested once again for stealing a woman's purse. This time he insists that the purse contains his escrow money.
    lol...damn, that was funnier than mine. Touche, Mr. Daoust!
    @SmittysRant