Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: which side do you prefer

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
    This is a 30 team league and I finished 5th last year. My team is actually very strong compared to most. Yes my d is week. My only concern is the injury part to Green and Mac
    What does the other team look like? Maybe there's a chance to counter with someone else similar in value to McDonald, but a bit safer? That way, you may have less worries of a likelihood of both players getting injured again.

Dobber Sports Initiate

His team is more defense and prospects. LW are McDonald and Tanguay. I have offer Fleischman in the same offer and think that is more than even. Actually, Fleischman I think has higher upside than Marleau.
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
    His team is more defense and prospects. LW are McDonald and Tanguay. I have offer Fleischman in the same offer and think that is more than even. Actually, Fleischman I think has higher upside than Marleau.
    Possibly, but what you have to consider (I'm sure you do already, though) is the perceived value of these players. Fleischmann may have a shot at 70, but I do know that a lot of people are still skeptical of him due to previous health and since last season was his first full season with success.

Same with Green, he's had health and production issues recently but he's still the big name, and many consider him to have a serious shot at getting back to elite production. Visnovsky is one year off of 68 points and last year was a disaster, both production and health, and he's getting up there in age as well.

So, would he want to give up one BAB for someone with a past of health issues, and give up a potential elite D again for one that has had health issues and a poor recent season? On the flip side you are being offered two guys who have had health issues recently so I can understand trying to 'balance' the offer (based on your own perceptions) in some way.

My point is that your perception could be different than your trading partner's. Real value and perceived value could be completely different. And being a deeper league (in terms of number of teams), that could affect how people perceive specific players as well.

Dobber Sports Pro

Marleau is the only player in the deal guaranteed to produce. I'll take the Marleau/Visnovsky said.