Thread: which side do you prefer

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default which side do you prefer

Marleau and Visnovsky

or

Andy Macdonold and Mike Green

Keeper league points only

Administrator

The only steady player on either side is Marleau. The other three have a lot of risk that comes with what they offer. So for this reason alone I go with the Marleau side.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The only steady player on either side is Marleau. The other three have a lot of risk that comes with what they offer. So for this reason alone I go with the Marleau side.
    This might be true, but I'd take the homerun potential of Mike Green.
    Safer = Marleau.

Not too long ago, this would've been seen as a joke offer. If Green can get back to anywhere close to the numbers he was putting up in the Boudreau Caps heyday under Oates, then he's the big winner here.

Oh, and depending on how many pickups you get, and who's on the WW, Andy Mac is a guy that's nice to start a season with -- as long as he won't kill you when he gets hurt.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd also swing for the fences and grab the still in his prime Mike Green in hopes that he can return to form under a new coach
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Bnhershy View Post
    I'd also swing for the fences and grab the still in his prime Mike Green in hopes that he can return to form under a new coach
    Agreed. Swing for the fences! Green side and cross your fingers...
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bnhershy View Post
    ^ I agree. There's so much risk here across the board, you may as well take the guy in his prime.
    Last edited by One87; December 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Stud

Pretty even trade unless Green gets back on track. And for that reason I'd take the Green/MacDonald side. An elite player at his best.

Dobber Sports Ninja

As much as I hate to say it, I'd gamble with Green in a points-only keeper.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
    Marleau and Visnovsky

or

Andy Macdonold and Mike Green

Keeper league points only
    In a vacuum - which is rarely the case - I would go for the Green side assuming you have IR slots. I like Marleau, but McDonald is solid when he plays so depending on potential replacements if/when he's out I'd go for the guy whom I'm more comfortable with bouncing back in a big way (Green vs Vis).

But perhaps tell us which side you are getting (assuming the deal is on the table), roster (with starting positions), league size, and any other details that could be relevant (number of keepers etc).

The more details, the better advice.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    In a vacuum - which is rarely the case - I would go for the Green side assuming you have IR slots. I like Marleau, but McDonald is solid when he plays so depending on potential replacements if/when he's out I'd go for the guy whom I'm more comfortable with bouncing back in a big way (Green vs Vis).
    I agree with you here. McDonald is the gem no one is even mentioning when they are looking at both sides. Most are mentioning Green as the wildcard but to me McDonald when healthy is a solid performer.

With great risk comes great reward and thats what you get with the Green/McDonald side. Great risk. That being said, you will get great reward if both can stay healthy and perform to their ability.

I would roll the dice and take the McDonald/Green side and pray to the hockey gods that they like you.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Huge risk on the Green/Mac side here. But I too think the risk is worth the reward so I'd go with that side.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post

But perhaps tell us which side you are getting (assuming the deal is on the table), roster (with starting positions), league size, and any other details that could be relevant (number of keepers etc).

The more details, the better advice.
    I would be getting the Green side. Keep 8+4 prospects and draft 8 more players through draft,have to have 2 LW, 2 RW,2 C, 4 D and a goalie on main team, keeper league, points only.

What scares me in all this is both Green and Macdonald always injured. Marleau never gets injured

Dobber Sports Pro

I would be getting the Green side. Keep 8+4 prospects and draft 8 more players through draft,have to have 2 LW, 2 RW,2 C, 4 D and a goalie on main team, keeper league, points only.

What scares me in all this is both Green and Macdonald always injured. Marleau never gets injured
    Where does Marleau rank on your list of keepers? It would give an indication of how critical he is to your success.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    Where does Marleau rank on your list of keepers? It would give an indication of how critical he is to your success.
    Yep, it would be helpful if you listed your entire roster. Also, do you have IR slots?

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would rank Marleau as my #3 keeper. I also have concerns that Green may be declining. Yes he was injured, but he did not look good. Plus with the lockout and threat of deceritification, I think Macdonald may be done in the NHL