Thread: SEL stats at hockeydb

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default SEL stats at hockeydb

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how frequently this site:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...023482013.html

updates their stats?

I like that they include goalie wins and a site like Eurohockey does not.

stats.swehockey.se I have always found to be a stupid website for navigating but maybe people have had better luck.

Out of all of the bigger leagues out there I have the most trouble getting reliable and quick data from the Swedish Leagues.

Dobber Sports Rookie

eliteprospects.com

they are better than hockeydb, and it has every player to ever play in pretty much every league...even hockey below the CHL level.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by joeydan016 View Post
    eliteprospects.com

they are better than hockeydb, and it has every player to ever play in pretty much every league...even hockey below the CHL level.
    I only care about the current season and am looking for access to goalie wins and player stats - but would need every player in the league. The format is also important.

I'd like to be able to grab the data to be used in a hockey pool in an automated fashion, so if I need to have a separate page for every player that won't work.

It looks like Eliteprospects does not track goalie wins.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I hate looking up SEL stats, especially for goalies. I prefer eliteprospects for most of my stat watching, but hockeydb is better for goalies as it includes wins and shutouts, usually at least.

As to how often they update, I'm not sure. eliteprospects seems to stay on top of things pretty well.....I've noticed sometimes the KHL stats seem to lag a bit, but haven't really noticed any other leagues slow to update. And with no NHL even the KHL is up to date it looks like. For hockeydb, I really have no clue as I don't use it much.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Administrator

Not sure exactly how often they update their stats, particularly with stats from european leagues but in my experience they are never that far behind and almost always up to date.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Pro

hockeydb is perhaps my first go-to for a quick look at stats. Too bad they don't use extended stats.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how frequently this site:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...023482013.html

updates their stats?

I like that they include goalie wins and a site like Eurohockey does not.

stats.swehockey.se I have always found to be a stupid website for navigating but maybe people have had better luck.

Out of all of the bigger leagues out there I have the most trouble getting reliable and quick data from the Swedish Leagues.
    When comparing with Elitserien's official site http://estat.hockeyligan.se/c/LPlaye...s.aspx?LId=250 it seems to be pretty much up-to-date at the moment. There hasn't been any games since 9th of December though so hard to say how often they update. You might want to use Elitserien's own site anyway as I think it's decent enough format and is obviously up-to-date. You can get every player on the same page if you select Rader: Alla on the right. Goalie stats are under the Målvaktsstatistik.
    Last edited by temek; December 14, 2012 at 7:45 PM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Temek you've found what I needed all on one page. For some reason I had never gone to the actual source (maybe because I couldn't read it for some silly reason..hahah)

But it even lists wins and shutouts there for the goalies so I would be able to get everything from one page - that's awesome!

I REALLY appreciate it.