Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: CT Elementary School Shooting - WTF?!?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Statements from the NRA should be treated as deserved, with no coverage or acknowledgement.
    Considering their political clout, no it needs to be acknowledged and commented on vociferously. Maybe then the people will put their congressman's feet to the fire about catering to the whims and wishes of these loonies. Make it be known to them that their pandering to the NRA will not be tolerated anymore. It won't change overnight, but you gotta take stand against this madness somewhere and at some point.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Considering their political clout, no it needs to be acknowledged and commented on vociferously. Maybe then the people will put their congressman's feet to the fire about catering to the whims and wishes of these loonies. Make it be known to them that their pandering to the NRA will not be tolerated anymore. It won't change overnight, but you gotta take stand against this madness somewhere and at some point.
    Fair enough. I'm saying ignore them, you're saying condemn them. Perhaps a combination of both.

When the CEO of the NRA issues such a ridiculous statement, why bother giving it the time of day. I say everyone ridicule them, and force the media to ridicule them as well. My guess is even many members of the NRA disagree with the CEO's statement.
    Last edited by MXHockey; December 22, 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Fair enough. I'm saying ignore them, you're saying condemn them. Perhaps a combination of both.

When the CEO of the NRA issues such a ridiculous statement, why bother giving it the time of day. I say everyone ridicule them, and force the media to ridicule them as well.

Putting police officers in every school..........ridiculous. More guns and more registrations to the NRA - the US may as well become a police state.
    The NRA are buffoons and their ideas and rhetoric are utter nonsense, but the problem is they have enormous sway in DC. With their access to the halls of power, their ability to direct policy, thankfully not quite to the degree they wish, and their Svengali-like hold on people, they can only be ignored or dismissed at our continued peril.

They're idiots, buffoons, morons, ******s, whatever you wish to call them, but that doesn't make them one bit less dangerous. I look forward to the day when as they're fading out of relevance and spouting their final dying breaths as an entity, we can do as you suggest and ignore their ignorant bleatings. Until then every time they spout off we shout 'em down or edge closer to the abyss.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....