Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: CT Elementary School Shooting - WTF?!?

Default CT Elementary School Shooting - WTF?!?

Unreal. Just a shame...

Twenty-seven people, including 18 children are believed to be dead when a gunman opened fire at a Connecticut elementary school.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-updates0.html
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

What in the **** is wrong with some people.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Must not bring up the US ****ed up gun laws and gun mentality... Must not bring up the US ****ed up gun laws and gun mentality... Must not bring up the US ****ed up gun laws and gun mentality... Must not bring up the US ****ed up gun laws and gun mentality... Must not bring up the US ****ed up gun laws and gun mentality...

Really trying here, guys...

This is just a total tragedy. Heaviest thing to do in this world is to bury your own child. I wouldn't even wish that on my worst enemy. Total tragedy... but they will keep happening.
    GO WINGS!

Administrator

Now instead of self-suicide people have to bring a few dozen other people into their problems. Sad.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The photos on CNN.com.....trying very hard not to lose it at my office desk.

wtf is wrong with this world?
    @SmittysRant

Banned

tragic.

and we will hear nothing about gun control or mental health issues, just day after day of publicizing the sick f*ck who pulled the trigger. just like the last time and just like the next time

Dobber Sports Stud

My son and daughter are both highschool teachers here in Ontario and I fear for their safety every day.

My daughter had her life threatened last year by a troubled student who, even though he has a lot of problems, agreed to coach on the cross-country team. A at meet he became very destructive and had to be driven home separately from the rest of the team because of his very destructive behaviour. When a meeting was called at the school to discuss it, she was not even invited to attend the meeting and found out about it afterwards. He falsely blamed it on the other students and of course his pschologist believed him ( yes he has his own pschologist). It was only one of his many episodes.

This year she said that she did not want him on the team. When she takes the team to competitions ( 20+ students she is lucky to have one other staff accompany her ) she is obviously responsible for all the students. The school's stance was "Well this is a new school year so the slate is wiped clean."

I would think a death threat by a student would have been taken more seriously. Every time I hear of something like what happened today in Newtown, CT, I cringe.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Expert

It is just crazy how people lose their minds and destroy the lives of others. unecessary.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

The loss of innocence always saddens me, to think of what those children went through.
    @SmittysRant

Of course, it gets worse...

[Updated at 1:57 p.m. ET] The death toll is closer to 30 than 20, a federal law enforcement source in Washington told CNN's John King. Most of those killed are children, the source said.

The source also said the suspected gunman, who is dead, had a connection to the school. He would not elaborate on that connection. The source is in touch with authorities on the scene.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Pro

As someone who works at a highschool... this sickens me but also scares the shit out of me.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Star

As horrible as this is to say, how many more instances like this are necessary? How many more dead children do we need before the people of the US will be willing to reconsider gun control laws? I can't agree with Sentium more. Never, in the history of mankind, have more abused words been spoken than "the right to bear arms".

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Went and picked my littlest one up at preschool today on my lunch break and rejoiced in his innocence and spirit.

I have opinions on guns and politics, but for today I just feel sad.

Dobber Sports Guru

Absolutely tragic and disgusting. And mostly kindergarten kids .... my heart is breaking ......

Unfortunately, in the UK it took a mass shooting at Dublane Primary School in Scotland to bring about a ban handguns .... one can only hope that the Americans will folow suit and do the same so we dont have to read about any more of these stories.

Dobber Sports Pro

Absolutely sickening. Even more sickening that people will use it as a breeding ground for political rhetoric instead of respect and prayer and making strides to help people like this young man before they do things like this.

The shooter was a kid too. Only 24 years old. His mom was a teacher at the school and he killed her too.

Sounds like he might've had an accomplice, though. They arrested someone hiding in the woods wearing camo. 22 children were stabbed at a school in China this morning, too. Just disgusting stuff happening today.