Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Massiver blockbuster

Dobber Sports Star

Default Massiver blockbuster

Hahaha, eat it Dobbs!

Out: Kovalchuk, P Kane, Edler, Fleury, Barberio(farm), 2012 1st round prospect pick (8th overall)

In: Crosby, Hagelin(farm), Wideman, Theodore, Thomas, 2012 2nd round prospect pick (24th overall)

12-team fantasy points H2H, keep 17 + 9 farm; 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 6BN, 9 farm... keepers not declared yet.
    P - 1
    =/- - 0.32
    PIM = 0.08
    PPP = 0.6
    SHP = 0.4
    hits = 0.08
    blocks = 0.20
    SOG = 0.015
    D P = 0.15
    W = 2
    SO = 3
    SV = 0.08
    GA = -0.64

My team is now

C: Crosby, Malkin (/RW), Datsyuk (/LW), Cammalleri (/LW)
    LW: Ovechkin, E Kane, Jokinen (/C), Morrow
    RW: Semin (/LW), Doan, Havlat, Selanne, Hornqvist
    D: Chara, Wideman, Wisniewski, Bogosian, Kuba,
    G: Bryz, Theodore, Thomas
    Farm: Couturier, Schwartz, JVR, Conacher, Palimieri, Emelin, Nikitin, Despres, Kabanov, Hagelin, Armia, Wedgewood, Filatov

So what's the verdict: smart move or lay off the booze?

Any other advice/thoughts?

Other than the hit you're taking at goalie, I like this trade for you. You still have plenty of balance as Malkin can fill the small hole you now have at RW.

Your goaltending should be ok, depending on how much The-O-Dore plays. You definitely need to get somebody in the pipeline to replace Fleury or goaltending may become your Achilles heel. I don't think Thomas comes back at all.

Any team with Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin has to be a contender in the offensive categories for sure.

Dobber Sports Guru

You gave a massive return for Crosby. You got the best player in the world but I don't think your team got better. MAF was your best goalie and Kovy and Kane are stud wingers. That's a huge price to give for any one player - even for the best in the world. Personally I think you overpaid and I'm one of the biggest Crosby fans in here.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    YPersonally I think you overpaid and I'm one of the biggest Crosby fans in here.
    When this man is telling you that you overpaid for Crosby, I think it means that you WAY overpaid

For what it's worth, I would also say this is a significant overpayment and I don't think you have the depth at G to absorb the loss of Fleury.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hopefully it was your trading partner that was giving you the Jack Daniels...

You gave up many solid peices to aquire Crosby and not much else...

And as good as Crosby is, he is questionable health wise and is always a target... Crosby will not have played a full season in over 3 years when you get to use him... Crosby is good for 1.4 points per game... if he were to play 50 games (which is more than he has played in 3 years) he is good for around 70-75 ponits...

Kovy on the other hand has played 76 games or more in every NHL season except his rookie year... He is good for 1-1.2 PPG if he were to play 75 games he has already matched and surpassed crosby's yearly production... Not to mention, he is more dependable and predictable than crosby...

Crosby has only beaten Kovy in production 4 out of 7 years.. in the past 7 years Crosby has 609 points which is more than Kovy's 580... Crosby is quite a risk to gain such a small amount... and you will only be strong when Crosby is healthy.

You would have been better server to use that 8th pick to upgrade your future for those you were going to lose to age... Hopefully that 8th pick would be a 90-70 point forward, 40+ point D, or a stud future Goalie... 12 team league that doesnt look that deep, i'm sure you could have...

Haglin is a good prospect... but Mid level really... 2nd/3rd Liner (50-60 point high end)

Wideman is 29 and coming off a great offensive season... in Washington... in Calgary i think production will sink a bit...

Theodore is 36... at the end of his career... Tim Thomas is 38 and at the end...

Bryz is your only dependable goalie... and Wedgewood is 1-4 years away from the NHL let alone being legit

Chara and Kuba are entering their twilights and your prospect pool isnt strong enough to support them leaving at this point... Despres is the best of them...

On forward you have 6 solid twighlighters with only 3 high end prospects to fill thier voids...

you'd have been better off to keep Kovy, Kane, Edler and Fluery with Barberio as a 2nd Prospect D option... than to get way older and less secure...

Poor long term and short term management in my opinion...
    Last edited by Jason_Banks; December 13, 2012 at 6:47 PM.
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    Hahaha, eat it Dobbs!

Out: Kovalchuk, P Kane, Edler, Fleury, Barberio(farm), 2012 1st round prospect pick (8th overall)

In: Crosby, Hagelin(farm), Wideman, Theodore, Thomas, 2012 2nd round prospect pick (24th overall)

12-team fantasy points H2H, keep 17 + 9 farm; 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 6BN, 9 farm... keepers not declared yet.
    P - 1
    =/- - 0.32
    PIM = 0.08
    PPP = 0.6
    SHP = 0.4
    hits = 0.08
    blocks = 0.20
    SOG = 0.015
    D P = 0.15
    W = 2
    SO = 3
    SV = 0.08
    GA = -0.64

My team is now

C: Crosby, Malkin (/RW), Datsyuk (/LW), Cammalleri (/LW)
    LW: Ovechkin, E Kane, Jokinen (/C), Morrow
    RW: Semin (/LW), Doan, Havlat, Selanne, Hornqvist
    D: Chara, Wideman, Wisniewski, Bogosian, Kuba,
    G: Bryz, Theodore, Thomas
    Farm: Couturier, Schwartz, JVR, Conacher, Palimieri, Emelin, Nikitin, Despres, Kabanov, Hagelin, Armia, Wedgewood, Filatov

So what's the verdict: smart move or lay off the booze?

Any other advice/thoughts?
    Hmmmm...that is more massive than mine. Your blockbuster is bigger than mine! That's it, I'm shopping more guys!

I stopped reading after Crosby. You win!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Hmmmm...that is more massive than mine. Your blockbuster is bigger than mine! That's it, I'm shopping more guys!

I stopped reading after Crosby. You win!
    How so? This is a horrible deal.

Dobber Sports Expert

Just to spice things up. I'm in this league, and it was a three-way deal!!!
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

That's insane you own Malkin, Crosby and Ovechkin. I havent seen a team with all 3. Hopefully that's enough to make up for the hole in goal. I don't like the deal because of losing Fleury and you shouldn't have had to give up a pick on top of it. Theodore is on the way out, Thomas may never play again and Crosby is a bump on the head away from missing another large chunk of time. Sure was a blockbuster though, good luck!

Dobber Sports Giant

you overpaid a bit to land crosby. That is the only way to land crosby.
    you need to find a goalie to help this trade look better, but i think you did ok on it.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

The Wolverine

Can you provide the fantasy points (season and per game) of those currently fantasy relevant? That way we'll get a real sense of value of those players. Also considering it's H2H points, not H2H categories, I am curious to see the relative value of goalies in such a league, as it comes down to total team points per week, regardless of where they come from. Kovalchuk and Kane are devalued due to less grit, but unless we see their points compared to others, it's not easy to gauge. Obviously you really wanted Crosby so I'm intrigued to see whether the perceived overpayment by many is real, and if so, does it really matter to you as long as you got Crosby? A lot of factors to consider.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by pull the goalie View Post
    That's insane you own Malkin, Crosby and Ovechkin. I havent seen a team with all 3. Hopefully that's enough to make up for the hole in goal. I don't like the deal because of losing Fleury and you shouldn't have had to give up a pick on top of it. Theodore is on the way out, Thomas may never play again and Crosby is a bump on the head away from missing another large chunk of time. Sure was a blockbuster though, good luck!
    I played a team with all 3 and many other studs at all positions, and won the championship against it, mind you it was head to head, and I'm solidly built myself, but no Crosby, and various other holes I exploited due to Head to Head made me the winner...

Personally 2 known producers is better than a higher quality product that is an 'if'...

That said this comes down to all the articles thats have been posted about 'What type of Manager are you?' Guys that go out and pay for Crosby's and others are for the most part are 'Gamblers' they win big and lose big...

I'm a 'Builder', I'll take predictable known qualities or growing and arrange a team full of them to compete, I rarely lose big and am always around, but I have a history of losing by small margins...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well... the point-system is really hard to issue a mathematical opinion on.
    But, I think I prefer the Kovalchuk/Kane side here.

Also, dealing a Russian away is going to upset the lockerroom of your team.
    The Russian fantasy hockey gods are not happy... and those are the only fantasy hockey gods that are listening these days.
    It's all downhill from here.

Dobber Sports Superstar

It's a huge payment, but it's also a limited keeper, so I think it pushes it closer to the Crosby side then many here are giving credit for.

That being said; I do agree with the majority that your goaltending is horrifying now and has to be your top priority.

Dobber Sports Star

Appreciate the input - thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Horrorfan
    Can you provide the fantasy points (season and per game) of those currently fantasy relevant? That way we'll get a real sense of value of those players. Also considering it's H2H points, not H2H categories, I am curious to see the relative value of goalies in such a league, as it comes down to total team points per week, regardless of where they come from. Kovalchuk and Kane are devalued due to less grit, but unless we see their points compared to others, it's not easy to gauge. Obviously you really wanted Crosby so I'm intrigued to see whether the perceived overpayment by many is real, and if so, does it really matter to you as long as you got Crosby? A lot of factors to consider.
    Sure thing!

Player - Fpts last year @ FPts/GP (Fpts 3yr avg @ Fpts/GP)

Crosby - 50.7 @ 2.31 (98.8 @ 2.06)
    Wideman - 100.1 @ 1.22 (86.2 @1.11)
    Theodore - 92.0 @ 1.74 (79.1 @1.80)
    Thomas - 123.5 @ 2.09 (124.7 @2.35)

Kane - 86.96 @1.06 (99.2 @1.26)
    Kovalchuk - 107.8 @ 1.40 (97.5 @1.25)
    Edler - 112.3 @ 1.37 (93.4 @ 1.34)
    Fleury - 127.5 @ 1.90 (117.7 @ 1.77)

I know I got the short end of this one value-wise... as far as I'm concerned it was Crosby + plugs coming back my way. The fact that I like Calgary to make the playoffs gives me a little hope for Wideman, and Theodore and Thomas are at least warm bodies.

The only player that really hurts me to give up in this deal is Fleury, but I'm fairly convinced I'll be able to recover. My philosophy in limited keepers is almost always "gut depth to concentrate talent, recover depth, repeat". I've found that I can almost always recover depth by being active on the wire and drafting strategically, especially in this league. How else does one end up with the roster I had pre-trade?

As Horrorfan points out, because it's a fantasy points league, categories just don't matter -- only final FPts matter. It's also an H2H, so working the wire should be able to hold the team over week-to-week.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers
    you overpaid a bit to land crosby. That is the only way to land crosby.
    That hits the nail on the head for me. I honestly believe the gap between Sid and the next best player in the league (I'll stay out of that debate!) is big and widening. I want to be on that train and was prepared to pay the price to make it happen.

Sure, my goaltending is royally screwed, but it's a short season coming and injuries will make backup goalies more valuable. I'll manage, and hopefully find this year's "out of nowhere" goalie -- there's always at least one. I figure there's always a way to get by there, but no other Sid.

EDIT: as far as the prospect pick goes, 8th overall has little worth. Any prospect picked there is going to be a solid 2-3 years from fantasy-worthy production on my roster... yawwwwn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7
    Also, dealing a Russian away is going to upset the lockerroom of your team.
    The Russian fantasy hockey gods are not happy... and those are the only fantasy hockey gods that are listening these days.
    It's all downhill from here.
    I'm long past upsetting the Russian hockey gods. Team Russia is dead man... let it go!
    Last edited by fantasyhockeygeek; December 14, 2012 at 11:50 AM.