Thread: 14 team- keep 8

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 14 team- keep 8

So it's a 14 team league h2h points. Pitching and hitting are fairly even but it caters towards strikeout pitchers rather than contact. I've got to trim down to 8 keepers here so which 8 do you guys think and who should I try to package to upgrade. I think it's a solid group but I can always get better. I've tried shopping pedroia and cole together for a top 10 bat but I've had no luck thus far. Trout and Braun are completely not tradeable but who else should I target and for which combo? I would have thought pedroia and hamels could get a top 10 bat but obviously not.

Fielder, goldschmitt, pedroia, longoria, jay bruce, cargo, kershaw, strausberg, hamels, king Felix.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You just need to find the right team. In a 14 teamer thats an impressive squad and someone is going to need upgrading. Really hard to say who you try for, but you'll have to check rosters for teams in need then find 1 of their top options. You may have to package Bruce, Gold & Hamels and get 1 guy. Maybe the league is just ticked at you for amassing such a good roster and they've decided to boycott

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus1717 View Post
    So it's a 14 team league h2h points. Pitching and hitting are fairly even but it caters towards strikeout pitchers rather than contact. I've got to trim down to 8 keepers here so which 8 do you guys think and who should I try to package to upgrade. I think it's a solid group but I can always get better. I've tried shopping pedroia and cole together for a top 10 bat but I've had no luck thus far. Trout and Braun are completely not tradeable but who else should I target and for which combo? I would have thought pedroia and hamels could get a top 10 bat but obviously not.

Fielder, goldschmitt, pedroia, longoria, jay bruce, cargo, kershaw, strausberg, hamels, king Felix.

In no order:

King Felix
    Strausberg
    Kershaw
    Bruce
    Fielder
    Longoria
    Pedroia
    Cargo

- If you need a 1B, I'd consider keeping Gold and shopping Cargo with Hammels for an upgrade. If you already have a nice 1B option, keep Cargo and see what you can get for Gold and Hammels.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Unhappy

Thanks for the input. I know at least one owner doesn't want to deal because of the guys I've been able to grab and he's trouts owner. I think I'm just looking to soon for trying to upgrade. I know there's a few weaker teams and I guess I just have to wait til they decide on their own set of keepers to wow them with a 2-4-1 offer.