Thread: Goligoski for Boyle

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Goligoski for Boyle

Not league in sig but same format.

I am in "win now' mode and am considering trading my Goligoski to acquire Dan Boyle. Worth it or is Boyle getting too old?
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

The Wolverine

48 points with only 17 PPP last season (I expect that to improve) as a 36 year old, so I have no concerns about Boyle - he'll still produce as long he's the main man and the Sharks have the offensive weapons up front.

The question for me is since Goligoski had a down year, what will you entice Boyle's owner with on top of Goligoski? The age difference isn't as much a factor to me given their respective recent production, which can affect perceived value.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    48 points with only 17 PPP last season (I expect that to improve) as a 36 year old, so I have no concerns about Boyle - he'll still produce as long he's the main man and the Sharks have the offensive weapons up front.

The question for me is since Goligoski had a down year, what will you entice Boyle's owner with on top of Goligoski? The age difference isn't as much a factor to me given their respective recent production, which can affect perceived value.
    Thanks - the other part of his offer is my 2013 4th round prospect pick for his 5th round pick...so basically a nothing swap.

I can click accept any time, just looking for some backup here.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by jsuites View Post
    Thanks - the other part of his offer is my 2013 4th round prospect pick for his 5th round pick...so basically a nothing swap.

I can click accept any time, just looking for some backup here.
    Oh he already offered - yeah I would accept that. Boyle also gives you great peripherals in your settings.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I prefer Boyle, though I like Goligoski with the new Dallas PP.

Boyle = 50pt man
    Goligoski = 45pt man

I accepted the offer. I won this league last year and am in a great position to repeat, so it makes sense...plus I have Faulk/Morrow/Josi/Elliott on the farm to (ideally) replace Boyle once he's faded.

Couldn't turn my back on Boyle's peripherals...he blows Goli away in PIM and SOG.

G- Dubnyk Murray Smith

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jsuites View Post
    I accepted the offer. I won this league last year and am in a great position to repeat, so it makes sense...plus I have Faulk/Morrow/Josi/Elliott on the farm to (ideally) replace Boyle once he's faded.

Couldn't turn my back on Boyle's peripherals...he blows Goli away in PIM and SOG.
    You made the right choice, imo. Good luck.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Giant

nice trade. boyle is one of thoose guys who will put up good numbers till the day he retires.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Administrator

Boyle is the guy here until Goli gets his act together.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Thanks guys, I am pretty stoked to add Boyle to the lineup. This trade completes a retooling of my D corps this off-season.

I hung on to win last year despite an injury-plagued year for my D-men (at the time, Green, Goli, Whitney, Pronger, Enstrom).

So I executed five trades in the off-season, which in total end up looking like this:

Out:
    Kopitar
    Goligoski
    Green
    Ryan Whitney
    Rundblad (farm)
    Jurco (farm)
    Bachman (farm)
    2013 R4 prospect pick
    2013 R2 prospect pick

In:
    Byfuglien
    Boyle
    Doughty
    Hunberdeau (farm)
    Faulk (farm)
    Petrov (farm, dropped for Conacher)
    Stalock (farm)
    2013 R5 prospect pick
    2013 R5 prospect pick

So now my D looks like Boyle, Byfuglien, Doughty, Enstrom and Giordano (who I picked up in our supplemental draft), with Faulk waiting in the wings.

Pretty happy with this revamp despite losing Kopitar and downgrading a couple of draft picks.

G- Dubnyk Murray Smith

Dobber Sports Pro

Good call. If I could flip my Goligoski for Boyle, I would.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Genius

I too would have done that deal, Boyle is as consistent a point producer as they come ...kudos on the deal.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.